The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

20 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

How is that not an assist.....

Pretty cheap to deny him that one. 

Had he done the same thing inside his own blue line, chipped the puck into open ice, and had a teammate skate in on a breakaway and score, I’d say it’s a guaranteed assist.

But somehow chasing down and harassing the puck carrier, forcing the turnover, chipping the puck into open ice in a prime scoring area, and then a teammate finishes—that’s not an assist?

C’mon. Give the kid an apple.

Not that he needs to pad his stats though.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Pretty cheap to deny him that one. 

Had he done the same thing inside his own blue line, chipped the puck into open ice, and had a teammate skate in on a breakaway and score, I’d say it’s a guaranteed assist.

But somehow chasing down and harassing the puck carrier, forcing the turnover, chipping the puck into open ice in a prime scoring area, and then a teammate finishes—that’s not an assist?

C’mon. Give the kid an apple.

Not that he needs to pad his stats though.

Aside from whether getting credited with the apple or not the bolded part was the key part of the play. Besides  most likely there are more points yet to come. 

2 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Now if only Lind would stop slacking and start leading the WHL in scoring we could have the top scorers in 3 different leagues. 

If pettersson hadnt have missed time for the WJC he would be probably be leading the SHL and then we would have 3 players leading 3 different leagues 

6 minutes ago, Brobidus said:

He plays a disciplined game. Only has 2 PIM. That's kinda impressive.

I hadn’t even noticed that. That is impressive. I wouldn’t have expected high PIM but certainly more than one penalty in 29 games. Just with the way he goes to the net and how hard he fights for pucks in the offensive zone, I figured he’d have a few stickwork calls and maybe some goalie interference.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Typo

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Like every HockeyAllsvenskan player, he receives one POÅNG armchair per game, courtesy of IKEA.

940CC092-91C0-4ABA-A2D6-4B85AFBF5F52.jpeg.92e98a9cf593dafc4f03edf5b188cd49.jpeg

You left out best part.   You need to become one of the games starts to get an Allen (Hex) Key.   Third star gets the crappy metal only one.   Second start gets the fancy plastic covered one that doesn't leave fingers too badly maimed and first star gets a plastic shielded AND reversible key.    This is where the term "he has all the tools" comes from.    A player needs to be selected as one of the top players in multiple games to have "all the tools".    

• Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You left out best part.   You need to become one of the games starts to get an Allen (Hex) Key.   Third star gets the crappy metal only one.   Second start gets the fancy plastic covered one that doesn't leave fingers too badly maimed and first star gets a plastic shielded AND reversible key.    This is where the term "he has all the tools" comes from.    A player needs to be selected as one of the top players in multiple games to have "all the tools".    

LOL.

But all the tools are useless if the player doesn't know how to use them properly.