The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Avalanche trade Jarome Iginla to Kings for conditional 4th-round pick

11 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

I wonder if Iggy wishes he chose another team to play for instead.

Feel bad for him (as much as I can for a millionaire who plays sports for a living). 

My guess is that he will come back for one more year. Sign for cheap in Chicago or Pittsburgh (if they'll have him).

22 minutes ago, Monty said:

Feel bad for him (as much as I can for a millionaire who plays sports for a living). 

My guess is that he will come back for one more year. Sign for cheap in Chicago or Pittsburgh (if they'll have him).

Or Calgary...

2 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Some you don't want to remember

getty_eweinrich.jpg

Ok - you're going back to Nonis....

In fairness, Weinrich didn't exactly cost the team it's future.

Tomas Mojzis and the 3rd (Vlad Zarkov) combined for 1 and 2 = 3 career NHL goals.

9 hours ago, thundernuts said:

Or Calgary...

I would think he would want to taste a Cup victory. Once he does, he'll probably sign a one day contract to retire as a Flame. I don't think his heart would be willing to play another season if it wasn't a guaranteed shot, or at least a high shot, at making the Cup Finals

10 hours ago, oldnews said:

Ok - you're going back to Nonis....

In fairness, Weinrich didn't exactly cost the team it's future.

Tomas Mojzis and the 3rd (Vlad Zarkov) combined for 1 and 2 = 3 career NHL goals.

Keith Carney was part of the same trade deadline. Brett Skinner and the 38th overall draft pick.

That was an ugly year.

Iggy: 9 games, 3 goals, 1 assist, 22 hits, 2 of those goals were GWG. Those 22 hits are basically a quarter of the hits he got in 61 games for Colorado. 

Seems to be doing rather well, but not spectacular in LA. I think he's going to have a long hard look at if he wants to play next year and where. 

On 3/22/2017 at 3:57 PM, brownky said:

Keith Carney was part of the same trade deadline. Brett Skinner and the 38th overall draft pick.

That was an ugly year.

Don't forget our 2006 2nd rounder for legendary Canucks goalie, Mika Noronen... he won a total of 1 game for us

17 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Iggy: 9 games, 3 goals, 1 assist, 22 hits, 2 of those goals were GWG. Those 22 hits are basically a quarter of the hits he got in 61 games for Colorado. 

Seems to be doing rather well, but not spectacular in LA. I think he's going to have a long hard look at if he wants to play next year and where. 

Calgary :) LOL 

Iginla when he signed with Colorado on why he chose them over Van and Calgary 

"They'll give me a better chance at winning" 

Lolz. no playoffs for you... Coulda won a cup had he chose van or calgary... especially in 2015 when he didn't suck yet

Archived