The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks Sign NCAA FA Griffen Molino

Derp...

Just now, Squeak said:

Keller is 19 years old - as per section 9.2 of the CBA - so in order to burn the first year of his ELC, he has to play in 9 games.

Because Molino is 23 - he is not eligible for the ELC slide, which is only available to 18 year olds and 19 year olds.

It's the same reason why Boeser is burning a year - because he is 20 years old

Ah! Thx Mate for the clarification. 

33 minutes ago, Oregon.Duck said:

http://www.tsn.ca/coyotes-f-keller-to-debut-vs-blues-1.707310

unrelated player, but in the article on Clayton Keller, it states, at the bottom, that

"Keller can spend the remaining seven games of the Coyotes season with the team without burning a year off of his ELC."

Under the context that he was going to debut.

TSN be confusing me. 

Keller is still 18.

On 3/27/2017 at 4:19 PM, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Benning is far better than Nonis, but to pretend like he's going a great job is delusional. 

Hmmm  I actually liked Nonis.... not as much as Gillis, but it should be noted that we were full of top notch NHLers under Nonis and were on the brink of breaking out into the best team in the NHL.

7 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hmmm  I actually liked Nonis.... not as much as Gillis, but it should be noted that we were full of top notch NHLers under Nonis and were on the brink of breaking out into the best team in the NHL.

I thought Gilis as brilliant until after the SC finals. The Kassian for Hodgson trade was pretty much the start of his downfall.

Nonis finally broke our lack of goaltending curse acquiring Luongo and drafting Schneider. 

I thought Nonis was a terrible manager though, his first year was a mess. He signed a player who worked brilliantly with the Sedins (Anson Carter) yet refused to pay him 2 million dollars after scoring 33 goals.

He acquired so many players who just flat out sucked: Chouinard, Park, McCarthy, Carney, Ouellet (seriously the best goalie you can get when Cloutier went down???), Weinrich, Brown, Bulis, Cowan, Smolinski, Fitzpatrick, Isbister, Santala, Ritchie, Pettinger. He hit a home run his first draft but was crap after that - 

Nonis had all of the main pieces and missed the playoffs 2/3 years. In fact, we had 6 forwards that season who all scored more points than our top scoring forward this year. We missed the playoffs, and lost a bunch of picks at the deadline for garbage players. Nonis should have acquired Noronen earlier in the year (he was just sitting on the bench in Buffalo) and pushed to get another defenseman earlier. Such a disaster other than Schneider & Luongo. 

He acquired so many players who just flat out sucked: Chouinard, Park, McCarthy, Carney, Ouellet (seriously the best goalie you can get when Cloutier went down???), Weinrich, Brown, Bulis, Cowan, Smolinski, Fitzpatrick, Isbister, Santala, Ritchie, Pettinger.

Yup, the Nonis Canucks were in the same position we are in right now - they couldn't score to save their lives.  And, what did Nonis do?  Did he bring in some goal-scorers?  No, he brought in about 30 different pylons.  None of which could score.

Benning is bringing in the same quality players, but at least his players have the potential to be considerably better in the future (a trait Nonis' pick-ups never had, they were all terrible journeymen who were never going to be any better than they were).

Nonis had no clue what our team needed.  He was constantly playing it far too conservative (presumably to try and keep his job as long as possible).

1 hour ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Yup, the Nonis Canucks were in the same position we are in right now - they couldn't score to save their lives.  And, what did Nonis do?  Did he bring in some goal-scorers?  No, he brought in about 30 different pylons.  None of which could score.

Benning is bringing in the same quality players, but at least his players have the potential to be considerably better in the future (a trait Nonis' pick-ups never had, they were all terrible journeymen who were never going to be any better than they were).

Nonis had no clue what our team needed.  He was constantly playing it far too conservative (presumably to try and keep his job as long as possible).

Nonis did wonders in TO, first helping Burke, and then on his own.  :lol:

12 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I thought Gilis as brilliant until after the SC finals. The Kassian for Hodgson trade was pretty much the start of his downfall.

Nonis finally broke our lack of goaltending curse acquiring Luongo and drafting Schneider. 

I thought Nonis was a terrible manager though, his first year was a mess. He signed a player who worked brilliantly with the Sedins (Anson Carter) yet refused to pay him 2 million dollars after scoring 33 goals.

He acquired so many players who just flat out sucked: Chouinard, Park, McCarthy, Carney, Ouellet (seriously the best goalie you can get when Cloutier went down???), Weinrich, Brown, Bulis, Cowan, Smolinski, Fitzpatrick, Isbister, Santala, Ritchie, Pettinger. He hit a home run his first draft but was crap after that - 

Nonis had all of the main pieces and missed the playoffs 2/3 years. In fact, we had 6 forwards that season who all scored more points than our top scoring forward this year. We missed the playoffs, and lost a bunch of picks at the deadline for garbage players. Nonis should have acquired Noronen earlier in the year (he was just sitting on the bench in Buffalo) and pushed to get another defenseman earlier. Such a disaster other than Schneider & Luongo. 

Whoa Whoa Whoa, Cowan has to have had one of the highest goals/game averages in Canucks history!

2 hours ago, Kelly Green said:

i liked molino's speed in his first game , reminds me of jannick hansen

he looked decent, needs a few more games to really know what he can do as he looked a little out of play a couple times but that comes with more games he should be way better

Watched alot of Molino last night. 

Very good signing by Benning in my view

A. Elite Speed - never can have enough in this league

B. Defensively aware and excellent on the forecheck, every shift he seemed to be buzzing and creating some sort of havoc 

C. Plays above his size, saw him throw a few solid hits last night (seems bigger than 171 for sure, but if he can come into camp around 185/190) perfect size for a 4th liner

D. Reminds me alot of a Hansen and think Benning adding players for competition in the bottom 6 is valuable as it keeps those players playing hungry. 

Would like to see this lineup next year (assuming he can show he can stick, as  its only been a couple of games)

Baerschi Horvet Boeser

Goldobin Sedin Erickson

Sedin Sutter Granlund

Skille Chaput Dorsett

Gaunce (bottom 6 depth)

Boucher (top 9 depth)

Molino (utica and bottom 6 depth)

Archived