The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning Interview 1040..May 11,2017

Honky Cat

Just now, thrago said:

This is the guy I think we will all wish we would have picked if we don't.  I have a really food feeling about him.

His rating took a hit because of mono, if I'm not mistaken. I think Benning sees his immense talent, and will draft accordingly.

1 hour ago, Honky Cat said:

Benning is in Paris..(must be nice?)...He usually telegraphs what's on his mind,and he's talking an awful lot about puck moving Dmen..I'm getting the feeling that it could be a Dman picked at #5.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/benning-want-players-with-european-skill-and-north-american-heart-1.749332

He just pissed off every single European and North American hockey player in the world but implying that North American players have no skills and European players have no heart.

Don't ever say this again!

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Nik is dead to me.

(well not really but thats the most Russian thing I could think of. Still pissed)

I hear you, S'all. I'm not counting him out just yet, but won't waste too much time posting about him anymore.

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hear you, S'all. I'm not counting him out just yet, but won't waste too much time posting about him anymore.

I hope you are right. I'm usually against drafting D in the first round but this is the guy I want. 

Opps quote the wrong response. Was suppostd to be the one you quoted me on.

That would be Great another d man 2-3 years away form even looking NHL ready. Heaven forbid a skilled forward be drafted something this team has desperately needed  since before he(benning) got here. Well atleast next year the furthest bennings team will be able to drop will be fourth. 

Benning will soon (approx 12months) be looking for work.was ranked last among gms for very good reason......he is. 

2 minutes ago, combover said:

That would be Great another d man 2-3 years away form even looking NHL ready. Heaven forbid a skilled forward be drafted something this team has desperately needed  since before he(benning) got here. Well atleast next year the furthest bennings team will be able to drop will be fourth. 

Benning will soon (approx 12months) be looking for work.was ranked last among gms for very good reason......he is. 

It's a rebuild. Getting the most NHL ready players isn't really high on the priority list. Getting players who will be really good in 3 years is.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Imagine Benning heading into the draft with that written on a pad in front of him.

Draft picks:

Forwards required

• good size
  • 200 ft. game
  • good lateral skating
  • bad mofo
  • good shot
  • solid positioning
  • big sack

Lmao

can just see linden, aqua and JB in the board room with big sack circled on the white board.

who was it that said "I checked his groin and it looks good".....or something along those lines.?

4 minutes ago, combover said:

Ranked last among gm's? Damn i guess ur right 12months approx and hes done. Its too bad i really liked benning. But if hes ranked last then i guess its true...

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I'm assuming DAL actually takes Mittel leaving us Glass but Mittel would probably to us in that  ^^ scenario.

I could see dallas goin for a top dman. Since they just got another 1st from Anaheim. I could see avs also goin for dman. Will be interesting though...

Archived