The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

22 dead, 100+ injured at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Nowhere in that tweet does it say it is a terrorist attack, neither in print nor on the audio/video.  It does say it is currently being treated as one till they have further information.

It depends on a person's definition of "terrorist".  People planting bombs usually qualifies.  Nobody with any kind of political power has pointed the finger at Muslims yet.  Still too early.

*edit* I stand corrected.  @Harvey Spectorjust posted a Fox News article pointing fingers at Muslims.

3 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I'm sorry, but that's simply not true and the situation isn't really comparable. While it's true that in Northern Ireland those from a Catholic background made up the majority of the PIRA, they didn't 'want protestants gone'. Loyalist groups perhaps. But ultimately they wanted a united Ireland free of Britain and while less common there were Protestants within the ranks.

The troubles would be better described as republican vs unionist as opposed to Catholic vs Protestant. It was (and still is) more related to culture and politics than religion.

I was referring more to the loyalist/ extremist side of things. How those with that way of thinking all seem to think it is ok as long as it is in the name of their God.  If today was indeed A terrorist attack.

The police are not calling it a terrorist attack, they said they are treating it like one until they have further information. If they don't say it was a "terror attack" then it seems there is some doubt at the present time. As time progresses I'm sure there will be updates and it may well  end up being called a terrorist attack. As for me I'll wait for more info before I start labeling, what, who and why. 

22 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

It's being called a terrorist attack...

FFS STOP seeking a dictionary definition of the gd term

If ANYONE goes in to a building and either places a device with the intent or starts shooting with the intent to injure maim and kill as many as possible it is a GD terrorist attack regardless of race nationality or beliefs.

So sick of needing to hear the words or justification for the words.  Some animal intended to kill and hurt a large number of innocent kids.  Regardless of motive it is an act of terror

22 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Making jokes about Boston bombing, all you are doing is stooping to his level of stupidity.

It's driving the point of his idiocy home.  It would be like someone from Vancouver making fun of another city over riots, like someone from Detroit making fun of someone else for their city being run down or poor.

Simply highlighting the sheer idiocy of said "former journalists" posts when #Bostonstrong still rings loud.

*Edit  At no point in time would, did or could I make statements like that.  Acts of terror are not jokes, attacks against children and the innocent are not funny and I hope that reporter winds up flipping burgers for life because of it.

tragic.

i was wondering if it was the panic after the fact that may have added to the injuries and fatalities?

also in the video i saw, i didnt see alot of security...at least it didnt look obvious to me who the security were.....usually at events like this ive been to the security is wearing high vis type of shirt etc.

did they say whether the explosion was inside or outside the event?

also that guy that made that tweet is a POS...hope he pays for his stupidity.

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's driving the point of his idiocy home.  It would be like someone from Vancouver making fun of another city over riots, like someone from Detroit making fun of someone else for their city being run down or poor.

Simply highlighting the sheer idiocy of said "former journalists" posts when #Bostonstrong still rings loud.

*Edit  At no point in time would, did or could I make statements like that.  Acts of terror are not jokes, attacks against children and the innocent are not funny and I hope that reporter winds up flipping burgers for life because of it.

No need to drive the point of his idiocy, he did a fantastic job of his own.

Also I would use word journalist carefully when describing this individual.

I consider Woodward, Cronkite, Rather, Pulitzer, Hemingway etc. to be journalists.

Some freelance scribe who trolls families of dead kids on Twitter can hardly be called anything but low life piece of $&!#.

2 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

tragic.

i was wondering if it was the panic after the fact that may have added to the injuries and fatalities?

also in the video i saw, i didnt see alot of security...at least it didnt look obvious to me who the security were.....usually at events like this ive been to the security is wearing high vis type of shirt etc.

Stampede in cases like this one, can cause even bigger death toll.

27 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

It depends on a person's definition of "terrorist".  People planting bombs usually qualifies.  Nobody with any kind of political power has pointed the finger at Muslims yet.  Still too early.

*edit* I stand corrected.  @Harvey Spectorjust posted a Fox News article pointing fingers at Muslims.

In Ye Olde Days they'd just blame the Jews.

3 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

tragic.

Definitely happened inside even though the arena operators initially claimed otherwise.  There's a picture of torn dead bodies in the arena's foyer floating around Twitter.

23 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

No need to drive the point of his idiocy, he did a fantastic job of his own.

Also I would use word journalist carefully when describing this individual.

I consider Woodward, Cronkite, Rather, Pulitzer, Hemingway etc. to be journalists.

Some freelance scribe who trolls families of dead kids on Twitter can hardly be called anything but low life piece of $&!#.

Remember, InfoWars just got a WH press pass.  "Journalism" as we know it is dead.

He's just the most visible tip of the iceberg, people are making fun of this or using it to justify gross beliefs all over the place now.

Some things should just be untouchable :(

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Remember, InfoWars just got a WH press pass.  "Journalism" as we know it is dead.

He's just the most visible tip of the iceberg, people are making fun of this or using it to justify gross beliefs all over the place now.

Some things should just be untouchable :(

InfoWars shouldn't even get a public toilet pass, much less WH press pass, but I digress.

Filth and garbage is being sold as journalism, it's disgusting!

Since the advent of Twitter, Facebook and other bull$&!#, I guess everyone is Walter Cronkite.

Just reading the comments section over at Yahoo. Seems they wanna go to war with Muslims ? Just wondering how many of the actual keyboard warriors are going to step up and join the frontlines if a holy war breaks out.

4 minutes ago, tbone909 said:

Just reading the comments section over at Yahoo. Seems they wanna go to war with Muslims ? Just wondering how many of the actual keyboard warriors are going to step up and join the frontlines if a holy war breaks out.

How should they feel? These Muslim terrorist attacks are never ending. 

Archived