The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

3 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Don't believe that BS.  Those 1040 idiots made that up.  

That quote was from Farhan Lalji at last years deadline. He got that info from one of the Dallas beat writers.

It wasn't Botch

It wasn't Pratt

It wasn't Kuzma

It was Lalji

Elliote Friedman also stated as much and that guy I trust

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are there rumors out there now that are suggesting Aqualini is getting involved in the Tanev trade talks?  Or, are you suggesting that since Aqualini did it before (according to these sources) he's likely to do it again?  I hope you're wrong, because I really want us to get that Dallas #3 pick!

This whole thing started when one poster suggested that Dallas were the ones that jerked us around during the Hammer trade talks.... I pointed out that the rumors on TDL day said otherwise. I never said that they definitely happened either. I haven't seen any rumors at all the suggest Nill was toying with us however (aside from what happened after the deal fell through and they trolled us with a weak offer right at the end----this was confirmed by Benning in interviews after the fact).

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

My hunch would be Philly really sees a window to compete with guys like Giroux, Simmonds and Voracek.  They could score but had trouble keeping the puck outta the net and defending.  Adding Tanev to that young Dcore with Ghost, Provorov would help round out that dcore.  Idk if Philly would do it, just spit balling ideas.  i think with the Tanev trade people are focusing too much on the first round pick of teams, but reality might be having to go outside the box and do a deal like this for a lesser sexy player.

Tanev for Rubstov and a 2nd.

1 hour ago, cdubuya said:

If we are going to trade Tanev I would imagine it happens after the expansion draft and before the entry draft. 

Won't happen. We're not losing Try, Sbisa and Tanev in one off season.

19 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Yeah we don't need to build around 60-80 point players..40 point players are good enough right.

Lol. There's more to building a team than just point totals.

He gets soft points from playing with Matthews and Marner anyways.

Archived