The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The new Adidas Jerseys watch

49 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Anyone know if the Canucks team store will be clearing out Reebok jerseys, or are they able to continue to sell them along with the Adidas ones?

I would suspect they would have to clear them out. While Reebok is a division of Adidas, they are no longer an official NHL brand so they legally cannot sell them concurrently (well they can as they clear them out)

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Just don't desecrate the jersey with ads and I'm happy.

Given the large amount of space between the crest and shoulders....i think its only a matter of time before they start adding corporate sponsors. That being said, I am sure there will be strict branding guidelines once we go down that path. Ex. Rogers logo must either be Blue or White on a Canucks jersey (instead of their standard red)

2 hours ago, Joe_Kerr said:

I do not like those Vegas jerseys.... something about that red and yellow 

I have to agree. There's no consistency between the sleeves and the logo. It's almost like they've tried to add colours from 2 different teams and put it into one, the sleeves being from one team and the body being from another team. Just.... weird...

31 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I have to agree. There's no consistency between the sleeves and the logo. It's almost like they've tried to add colours from 2 different teams and put it into one, the sleeves being from one team and the body being from another team. Just.... weird...

It's the same with Winnipeg too.. They have red accents on their primary and shoulder logos, but nowhere in sight on the jersey. Also, the WHL Victoria Royals...

At least VGK have a red star on the patch, but dang.. I just wish there's something similar on the front, maybe in the embroidery part of the shield? 

Just now, Crimson-JH said:

It's the same with Winnipeg too.. They have red accents on their primary and shoulder logos, but nowhere in sight on the jersey. Also, the WHL Victoria Royals...

At least VGK have a red star on the patch, but dang.. I just wish there's something similar on the front, maybe in the embroidery part of the shield? 

Well, I think it's one thing to have an accent on the logo and not show up elsewhere and another thing to have the accent on the sleeves and no where else. It makes the eyes shift to the sleeves rather than the logo itself. They've basically made a distraction from what fans should be looking at, whereas with Winnipeg, the focus is still on the logo at least.

At first glance, not too impressed. it might grow on me over time. might also look different when worn by players on ice. 

It could have been worse. 

Hope a third jersey is planned.  stick and ring, Johnny canuck head patches are all good. 

Archived