The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, sonoman said:

Lots of reports he would have been 1st if 20 lbs heavier last year.

That never really made much sense to me. People can gain weight rather easily, why is it even a factor? It worked for our benefit, but still.

4 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

That logic could also work on Adam Boqvist for this years draft. 

Really? Boqvist > Dahlin if he were heavier? I find that hard to believe having seen both of them play at the WJC.

My mistake, I confused Brannstrom and Boqvist.

But really? Boqvist > Dahlin if Boqvist were heavier? :)

Edited by khay

5 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

Can't believe the Canucks are the ones that ended up with the best prospect for once. 

Well... He hasn't stepped foot in the nhl yet. Hischier has been amazing in his first year, time will tell. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Tell that to Edmonton.

Edmonton hits:

McDavid

Draisaitl

Hall 

Eberle

misses:

Gagner

paajravi

Yakupov

TBD/underwhlemers:

Ryan Nugent Hopkins

Nurse

Puljiarvi

overall they went 4 for 10 I’d say, although the 2011 draft was pretty weak so I don’t know if you can really hold RNH against them. 

Of course you can blame them for that, they're the ones who plugged an physically underdeveloped 18 year old boy into prime playing minutes against men, leading to shoulder issues.

Edited by Whorvat
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Whorvat said:

Of course you can blame them for that, they're the ones who plugged an physically underdeveloped 18 year old boy into prime playing minutes against men, leading to shoulder issues.

You can definitely blame them for his development, i mean you can’t blame them for picking him 1st overall. His junior numbers were really good and really there’s not too much else that developed from that draft class. Landeskog went #2. Scheifele is probably the best player from the first round, gaudreau probably the best from the draft

• Cheers 1