The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

aGENT

I agree with you and think that the Sedins will be back for another year

I doubt they want a bunch of 1st time NHL players on the same team at once though

So I think you need to include 33 and 22 in your line up

I highly doubt Kane or Hansen will be on the team

I don't see Granlund back up in the top 6 (I think they like him and Sutter on the 3rd)

I think it is much to early to accurately speculate how our team will look like, until we get to camp (It is like putting a jigsaw puzzle together with only 1/2 the pieces)

We will have to wait to see where all our prospects are at, and see if we made any trades or free agent pick up finds, like we always grab

I think the only sure thing is

Your 1st line,

One with Sedins (most likely),

Sutter Granlund

Uhhhhhh lemme have a go here:

beartschi - horvat - boeser

sedin - sedin - pettersson

eriksson - sutter - grandlund

virtanen - gaudette - gagner

or 

vanek - horvat - boeser

beartschi - pettersson - goldobin

bottom 6 is the same

gaunce carried as the extra guy

i think that if the Sedins don’t come back, they will try and resign Vanek. Goldobin and pettersson are both unknowns, but pettersson I’m confident can step in as a competent 2nd line player similar to Henrik and Daniel in their first couple years. Goldobin is a hopeful selection. 

I think starting gaudette on the on the fourth line and having him work his way up (like what they did with horvat) is a good way to let him develop while also contributing to team success. 

Edit: I’m well aware that the second line in both of these lineups is very soft. That doesn’t mean that it’s a bad line though

Edited by Canadian Clay

7 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

or 

vanek - horvat - boeser

bottom 6 is the same

i think that if the Sedins don’t come back, they will try and resign Vanek. Goldobin and pettersson are both unknowns, but pettersson I’m confident can step in as a competent 2nd line player similar to Henrik and Daniel in their first couple years. Goldobin is a hopeful selection. 

I think starting gaudette on the on the fourth line and having him work his way up (like what they did with horvat) is a good way to let him develop while also contributing to team success. 

Goldy is either traded, on our team, or goes on waivers - where he will most certainly get claimed.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

Good point! I should have clarified. The first line up I posted I assumed a trade. The second one I assumed no trade. 

Goldy + Tanev could bring a really good return.  Maybe to TO for Marner?  Okay, that's pie-in-the-sky stuff, I know.  :rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Goldy + Tanev could bring a really good return.  Maybe to TO for Marner?  Okay, that's pie-in-the-sky stuff, I know.  :rolleyes:

Young established players don’t get traded very often. Marner has to be untouchable. Far easier time getting Liljigren and a 1rst from the leafs then Marner. I’d really like to target the Islanders in a Tanev trade. They have some extra picks so they might be easier to let go of. Just think if the Canucks turned it around next year and say Pettersson was the new golden boy and Boeser was putting up the pace of a 55 point season would you trade him for say Alec Martinez and Adrien Kempe? That’s how crazy it is when people try to propose the leafs trading Marner.

4 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Young established players don’t get traded very often. Marner has to be untouchable. Far easier time getting Liljigren and a 1rst from the leafs then Marner. I’d really like to target the Islanders in a Tanev trade. They have some extra picks so they might be easier to let go of. Just think if the Canucks turned it around next year and say Pettersson was the new golden boy and Boeser was putting up the pace of a 55 point season would you trade him for say Alec Martinez and Adrien Kempe? That’s how crazy it is when people try to propose the leafs trading Marner.

I really don't think Marner is available anyway.  Like I said: "Pie in the sky stuff".    

Personally Id rather not see Pettersson In Vancouver to start the season. Let him play in the AHL centring a line with Dahlen. Have Juolevi dishing him passes on the PP.

Dahlen-Pettersson-Lind(or a vet)

When injuries come then call them up and see if they are ready. Just saying guys shouldn't be gifted spots.

Wont be surprised if Baer gets traded if his contract demands are too great. Just don't see him as a long term guy. 

Only rookie I see starting the year with the Canucks is Gaudette as a 3rd/4th line centre.

If Pettersson does make the team then Id want to see him sheltered. Maybe a line like

Kane/Eriksson-Pettersson-Sutter

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Personally Id rather not see Pettersson In Vancouver to start the season. Let him play in the AHL centring a line with Dahlen. Have Juolevi dishing him passes on the PP.

Dahlen-Pettersson-Lind(or a vet)

When injuries come then call them up and see if they are ready. Just saying guys shouldn't be gifted spots.

Wont be surprised if Baer gets traded if his contract demands are too great. Just don't see him as a long term guy. 

Only rookie I see starting the year with the Canucks is Gaudette as a 3rd/4th line centre.

If Pettersson does make the team then Id want to see him sheltered. Maybe a line like

Kane/Eriksson-Pettersson-Sutter

I agree

Unless if he is like Brock and clearly shines at training camp

Most likely they will have the spot filled, anticipating that he will not be ready though

3 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

or 

vanek - horvat - boeser

bottom 6 is the same

Edit: I’m well aware that the second line in both of these lineups is very soft. That doesn’t mean that it’s a bad line though

Gaunce is already better than Gagner and may be better than Granlund....otherwise I'm fine with your lineup...Gagner should be traded now that he has stopped turning it over every, single, GDT///....for the first 30 games of the season...

Vanek needs to go as well because be may be able to get another first round pick...even if we have to kick in a 3rd or 4th to go with him.

Sedins will come back for one more year....because they can, limited minutes please.....

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Gaunce is already better than Gagner and may be better than Granlund....otherwise I'm fine with your lineup...Gagner should be traded now that he has stopped turning it over every, single, GDT///....for the first 30 games of the season...

Vanek needs to go as well because be may be able to get another first round pick...even if we have to kick in a 3rd or 4th to go with him.

Sedins will come back for one more year....because they can, limited minutes please.....

It would be nice if gagner got traded but I can’t see management doing it until at least trade deadline 2019. I can’t see Travis Green using him as a 13th forward either. As long as Gagner is on the team, he will have a place in the top 12.  

I agree best case scenerio is to trade Vanek for a pick and resign the Sedins (which is my first scenerio lineup). 

15 hours ago, aGENT said:

Don't think I want him starting there. Maybe as the season progresses if he gives the coaches no choice (like Boeser did).

If it was up to me (it's not and I assume the Sedins will be back), I'd like to see something like:

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Kane, Sutter, Granlund

Eriksson, Gaudette, Pettersson

Hansen, Gaunce/Dowd etc, Virtanen

Gagner

BBaer Horvat Boeser

Kane Petterson Granlund

Danny Hank Jake

Eriksson Gaudette Gaunce

Gagner

Just my take

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

Where’s Sutter?

LOL, good catch

I had him with Gaudette & Gaunce on first edit. And we are 1 no too high in actual bodies. So I fracked up on that final line up.

But there would be injuries. there always are. Particularly with defensive forwards. Who block shots, play with gusto in the corners. And he would be there.