The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I agree I don't think they are purposefully playing poorly to get Green fired. 

That would be a very disappointing realty for their teammates and the fans. Also I would just expect professional athletes to have a higher standard then that. If you want green out just say it or in your meetings with management tell them. Your the young beloved prospect, you don't think they'd replace the coach for you? 

Just another thing to add, this would be a very bad idea for Boeser since he is in a contract year and typically players are supposed to play better right before they sign a big new contract. At this rate Boeser won't be getting much of a raise. 

48 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

If you want green out just say it or in your meetings with management tell them

I really wonder what Petey and Francesco talked about in that coffee shop.

There is a question of whether there are some players in the room that aren't buying in. Pettersson sure doesn't look like Pettersson.  Weak defensively and on the back check. Giving up on plays. Losing puck battles. 

5 hours ago, gurn said:

Bolder prediction, if Green is fired and suddenly E.P. and Boeser start playing better, one or both get traded by the incoming gm.

Playing to get someone fired is unacceptable, wouldn't want that type of "character" on my team.

Thankfully that is not true. They are not playing to get the coach fired. Petterson won the Calder already. He has the talent to get an Art Ross. He isn't purposely tanking his stat line to get a coach fired. Boeser isn't tanking his stats in a contract year either 

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2021 at 12:48 PM, Podzilla said:

Bad games and cold streaks don’t mean you fall down every shift and look like a beer leaguer. He’s looked better lately but let’s be realistic… he’s nowhere close to Pasternak. 

Pasternak has 2 more goals and 5 more points than Petterson. Not sure if he's missed games but Petterson should be able to take him this season if he turns a corner

10 hours ago, gurn said:

Bolder prediction, if Green is fired and suddenly E.P. and Boeser start playing better, one or both get traded by the incoming gm.

Playing to get someone fired is unacceptable, wouldn't want that type of "character" on my team.

I can't see EP40 getting traded. 

Brock I can see getting traded eventually. 

I'd like to think that both these men have good character. I don't think they're playing poorly on purpose to get Green fired. I genuinely think that they're honestly struggling with the system that's in place provided by Green and his coaching staff. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, allegend said:

Why didn't EP try harder to prevent the empty net goal? He could have skated harder, dove,

or tried to lift Domi's stick. There was a lot of time left. EP should not have given up on the play.

I noticed that as well. Most players on any team skate like it’s the cup final in that situation lol. Did you notice Miller on line changes coasting in slowly from 30 feet away? Ugh what a mess

• Sad 1

I have a really nice PETTERSSON jersey and I am a fan, but I now seriously wonder about Pettersson's character.

He looks terrible, and maybe if it looked like he was really trying, then he'd get a pass. Is this the kind of player the Canucks are expecting to give his all for the team when they get to the playoffs? 

1. New Coach

2. Pettersson and Boeser trades

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I have a really nice PETTERSSON jersey and I am a fan, but I now seriously wonder about Pettersson's character.

He looks terrible, and maybe if it looked like he was really trying, then he'd get a pass. Is this the kind of player the Canucks are expecting to give his all for the team when they get to the playoffs? 

1. New Coach

2. Pettersson and Boeser trades

Mail it in to JB... he’s going to want some souvenirs soon

7 hours ago, allegend said:

Why didn't EP try harder to prevent the empty net goal? He could have skated harder, dove,

or tried to lift Domi's stick. There was a lot of time left. EP should not have given up on the play.

Ah. Is that what everyone seems to be talking about on the post-game show. I wasn’t sure what people calling were talking about. 

I know it’s been bad. 

expect changes to be made soon, as soon as this road trip is over. If the Boston game gets out of hand, I expect Green to be relieved shortly after. They cannot have those kinds of performances at home, because fans are getting to the point of apathy. And apathy leads to anger, and anger leads to a disassociation of the team. Not that we’re not going to be cheering for the fans, but long term fans are probably not paying hundreds of dollars in a COVID atmosphere and world where money is tight for most - how does ownership and management expect fans to continue watching such a bad product on the ice. 

BUT

I still believe in Pettersson’s talent. He is having such a bad start to the year, but he’s a good player. Let’s give him that. Has he been good this year? No. But I don’t think it’s just Petey. I think there’s a lot of layers to the problem that the Canucks are facing. 

I’m not sure if the fan base right now would be able to tolerate a full rebuild, since it’s felt like we have just gone through one 8 years ago. But Benning and his team botched that, and tried to take shortcuts at the advise and command of their owner, Francesco. 

Look where that decision(s) has gotten them. 

This is a bad team. 

If Benning and Green don’t go, I expect the following to happen: 

- Bo to walk as a UFA

- Boeser to be traded 

- Miller to be traded 

It won’t be a “full” rebuild, but new management probably bringing new players, for fresh blood, new coach, and new vision. I personally would go through a new rebuild, as long as it’s not under Benning and co, and not under Green’s system (again, whatever it is). 

5 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

I noticed that as well. Most players on any team skate like it’s the cup final in that situation lol. Did you notice Miller on line changes coasting in slowly from 30 feet away? Ugh what a mess

The players and coaches can say whatever they want. But at the end of the day, the way the players play, their body language says more than what they are “supposed” to say to the media. 

It is clear to me that Green has lost the room. I think his voice has gone stale. 

id say anyone could be traded, pettersson included. If he has a talk with aqua it could mean something like that could happen pending on how things turn out during this season. EP40 was considered a franchise player so a decision like that is huge. If u stop believing EP40 can evolve then u might trade him for draft picks, miller/toffoli type of players thats on the market on teams that are struggling at the moment. i mean if both petey and boeser doesnt put up top line points id say its a high chance both can be traded.