The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Future 1st line?

Hortankin

3 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Have you sat down with Vallardi and asked him some pointed questions to try and suss out his character.  He went 11 for a reason.  I don't claim to know what it is but I can accept that there is one.

The moral of the story is don't believe what the peanut gallery tells you.

I see what PeteM is talking about. Its the type of player that we were HOPING to get. Sorry but we have spent years and years watching the Pettersson  type player fail at getting us a cup. The Sedins, Naslund all were great players but man would I love to have a Yzerman, Crosby, Toews type of player to do some damage in the playoffs. To each his own I guess, but, because these guys are PROSPECTS, there is no guarantee any of them will even make it to the NHL anyways.

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

Have you sat down with Vallardi and asked him some pointed questions to try and suss out his character.  He went 11 for a reason.  I don't claim to know what it is but I can accept that there is one.

The moral of the story is don't believe what the peanut gallery tells you.

I just have to watch him play to know the kid can play and he plays with character. He is a beast below the hash marks...did you not see him play for the supremacy of junior hockey. His performance was similar to the old Blazer days with Iginla, Tucker and Doan. The kid can play...I listened to the kid and he is confident and a winner...reminds me how Vincent Lecavalier and St Louis talked after winning the Stanley cup. He is a winner. 

Lacks character...get over yourself..ffs

Just now, EdgarM said:

I see what PeteM is talking about. Its the type of player that we were HOPING to get. Sorry but we have spent years and years watching the Pettersson  type player fail at getting us a cup. The Sedins, Naslund all were great players but man would I love to have a Yzerman, Crosby, Toews type of player to do some damage in the playoffs. To each his own I guess, but, because these guys are PROSPECTS, there is no guarantee any of them will even make it to the NHL anyways.

No offense amigo but Bo is our Toews. Perhaps Petterson is our Kane...

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Yup, and that obviously has nothing to do with the fact that it was an ageing core at the end of its life expectancy when he was hired, right?

or nothing to do with bad trades and letting players walk for nothing and signing over the hill players to contracts.

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I just have to watch him play to know the kid can play and he plays with character. He is a beast below the hatch marks...did you not see him play for the supremacy of junior hockey. His performance was similar to the old Blazer days with Iginla, Tucker and Doan. The kid can play...I listened to the kid and he is confident and a winner...reminds me how Vincent Lecavalier and St Louis talked after winning the Stanley cup. He is a winner. 

Tucker was a good 3rd liner....

Just like Vilardi will be.

Just now, Pete M said:

or nothing to do with bad trades and letting players walk for nothing and signing over the hill players to contracts.

Which of his trades do you have a problem with?  His predecessor is the one who crippled the franchise with bad trades.

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

I just have to watch him play to know the kid can play and he plays with character. He is a beast below the hatch marks...did you not see him play for the supremacy of junior hockey. His performance was similar to the old Blazer days with Iginla, Tucker and Doan. The kid can play...I listened to the kid and he is confident and a winner...reminds me how Vincent Lecavalier and St Louis talked after winning the Stanley cup. He is a winner. 

Villardi lacks something that 10 other players have.  FFS.  That much is crystal clear. Your ego is getting in your way.

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

Villardi lacks something that 10 other players have.  FFS.  That much is crystal clear. Your ego is getting in your way.

What about the teams that needed a defenseman instead of a forward? hmmmm?

Just now, King Heffy said:

Which of his trades do you have a problem with?  His predecessor is the one who crippled the franchise with bad trades.

look at my old posts and others on this board and take your pick.

Oh I forgot, you think all fans are stupid and can't observe for themselves. They need to be lead like sheep and be told like good Christians.

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

Yup. Horrible trades like the Granlund and Baertschi deals, letting Hammer and Vrbata walk for nothing as opposed to the craps that were being offered for them, or giving up nothing for free agents that we can theoretically flip for more assets down the road.

3 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I think you are mistaking my ego with my observations.

3 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Goldobin Petterson Dahlen?

What do you guys think?

Goldobin and Dahlen would be okay with Glass. WIth Pettersson that line is just too soft for NHL. They might good in the Swedish league but the NHL is different.  And as for being a future 1st line, if even one of those players becomes a legitimate first liner I will be surprised. To me they all look like second liners, if things go well. Being a second liner in the NHL is still good, but they will need guys playing with them who provide some muscle and solid defence.

Vegas must have been surprised and delighted to see Glass fall into their laps, just like Calgary was last year with Tkachuk.

Archived