The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

Just now, mll said:

Nashville is a stacked team - that's the stats of their 1st line.

Different style of teams. Nashville is stacked on D, not up front.

I guess I should have made it clear. I see Lind as a third liner on a stacked team because I think it's beneficial to spread out scoring and I think we have a team that can do that in few seasons.

Remember Chicago and how they were match up nightmare because of their depth. I see Lind as doing that for us.

I was referring to 20G30A as his peak performance not that he will do that every season. Of course, when it comes to player prediction, I hope I'm wrong and the player does better than my expectation but that's the way I see it now.

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

No LW had more ATOI than him that year. 

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/CHI/2009.html

Good point. But I think it's not just time on ice. It's the role that they play as well. I think Versteeg probably killed penalty as well?

I guess I didn't mean third liner in a negative way. I meant that he will be a player that can put up points and move up and down the line up as needed depending on the situation. If needed, he will play 1st line and on PP. Other times, he will play 3rd line role to create match up problems. 

Oh and Sharp is listed as Center in that link. He is a LW I think.

Edited by khay

10 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's sure as hell not saying that a 50-60 point player is a third liner lol.

I said Lind can be a third liner scoring 20G30A. Then, you applied this to say everyone that scores 20G30A is a third liner. I think this type of fallacy is called, affirming the consequent lol.

10 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Mason Raymond also had one 50 point season, but I certainly wouldn't call him a "50-60 point player".

Sure whatever.

I think Lind will be better than Raymond. I think Lind will do it more often and can still be a third line player for us and help us create match up nightmare in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Indeed. By that logic Horvat is a third liner. 

Hell, by that logic Toews is a third liner :lol:

Well if he was on Pittsburgh he would be.... Remember Pittsburgh has the only winning model.

2 Franchise centres, have that or you may as well be in rebuildB)

15 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Well if he was on Pittsburgh he would be.... Remember Pittsburgh has the only winning model.

2 Franchise centres, have that or you may as well be in rebuildB)

...So we should be good to go next year with EP and AG added to Bo + one year playing together = 2.5 Franchise centres...!

1 hour ago, khay said:

Sure whatever.

I think Lind will be better than Raymond. I think Lind will do it more often and can still be a third line player for us and help us create match up nightmare in the playoffs. 

So Lind is going to be a third line player that's actually more of a second line player but only plays a third line role because we've somehow become so incredibly deep up front that 50-60 point guys are playing on our third line?

K.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So Lind is going to be a third line player that's actually more of a second line player but only plays a third line role because we've somehow become so incredibly deep up front that 50-60 point guys are playing on our third line?

K.

Yeah, it's called spreading out the scoring. You might not know about it but Pittsburgh had great success by putting Kessel on the third line centered by Bonino in 2016 playoffs. The main reason why they were able to repeat despite having just an OK defence is that unmatchable forward depth. Well, I guess they do have #1 PMD in Letang but that team was winning nothing since 09 until Kessel came along. Without Kessel, they may not have gotten the cup in 2016 and maybe no cup in 2017 either especially since Letang was injured in 2017 playoffs. Teams in the playoffs have find ways to shut down Crosby and Malkin but there's nothing you can do if your third line has Kessel on it.

And it looks like we will have deep forward group and probably only an average to slightly above average defence just like the Penguins. Well, unless we win the #1 pick in 2018 and say, Tryamkin comes back. As I said in my original post, I see Lind as a middle six winger, can play on the second line but probably more effective to us as a third liner because I think he can put up 20G30A. I meant Lind will be a third liner out of necessity rather than in a negative way. I admit that wasn't clear in my post.

Send out Pettersson-Boeser followed by Dahlen-Horvat-2018 draft pick (maybe we get lucky and pick Svechnikov or Zadina). Most teams would be able to match up against our first two lines but then, you send out Virtanen-Gaudette-Lind as your third line and that's hard to match up against.

19 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

K.

Lind is gonna be a bust

Am i joking? idk. Time to get flamed! ::D

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, khay said:

Yeah, it's called spreading out the scoring. You might not know about it but Pittsburgh had great success by putting Kessel on the third line centered by Bonino in 2016 playoffs. The main reason why they were able to repeat despite having just an OK defence is that unmatchable forward depth. Well, I guess they do have #1 PMD in Letang but that team was winning nothing since 09 until Kessel came along. Without Kessel, they may not have gotten the cup in 2016 and maybe no cup in 2017 either especially since Letang was injured in 2017 playoffs. Teams in the playoffs have find ways to shut down Crosby and Malkin but there's nothing you can do if your third line has Kessel on it.

And it looks like we will have deep forward group and probably only an average to slightly above average defence just like the Penguins. Well, unless we win the #1 pick in 2018 and say, Tryamkin comes back. As I said in my original post, I see Lind as a middle six winger, can play on the second line but probably more effective to us as a third liner because I think he can put up 20G30A. I meant Lind will be a third liner out of necessity rather than in a negative way. I admit that wasn't clear in my post.

Send out Pettersson-Boeser followed by Dahlen-Horvat-2018 draft pick (maybe we get lucky and pick Svechnikov or Zadina). Most teams would be able to match up against our first two lines but then, you send out Virtanen-Gaudette-Lind as your third line and that's hard to match up against.

I wouldn't exactly call Kessel a "third liner". There's a clear distinction between someone classified as a "third liner" and a top six player that just so happens to be playing on a third line, and I really think it's jumping the gun a bit to assume that we're going to be deep enough to justify putting a 50-60 point player on our third line.

18 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I wouldn't exactly call Kessel a "third liner". There's a clear distinction between someone classified as a "third liner" and a top six player that just so happens to be playing on a third line, and I really think it's jumping the gun a bit to assume that we're going to be deep enough to justify putting a 50-60 point player on our third line.

I agree, a player putting up 50-60 points is a boarder line first liner these days... if we've got someone doing that on the third line :o  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

If we were to win the second or third lottery spot we would be near complete up front. We'd have pairs of Pettersson/Dahlen, Horvat/Boeser, and Gaudette/Lind, and if you add a Zadina or Svechnikov to any of those pairs look out.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I agree, a player putting up 50-60 points is a boarder line first liner these days... if we've got someone doing that on the third line :o  

50 points is likely to be borderline first line winger this year. 60 points will be about average for first line wingers, or borderline for first line centers. If we have some players like that on our third line, we will be serious Cup contenders. As long as JB can squeeze them all under the cap, sounds like a great idea.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

K.

Hornqvist is a 3rd liner 50 point player. B)

Realistically I don't see Lind getting to that point but who knows, maybe he can. I can see him being a good 15 goal 30-35 point 3rd liner. Never know with these lads.