The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

2 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Canucks are working on getting his VISA so he can play, according to Lind himself. 

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-222526-51-.htm#222526

I should qualify by saying that this was reported on a Comets fan group by someone that saw him in the tunnel and not mentioned by the Comets of local media.  It is also possible that he saw Jasek and not Kole but hopefully they will both be in the line up soon.

6 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Eastern Media

Considering the Liljegren dropped, I don't think we can blame the Toronto media.  Again, if you look at the big risers,  Thomas, Mittelstadt, Necas, Tolvanen, Timmins all had big WJC's.  If you look at the players that dropped.  Lind, Glass, Vilardi, Tippet,  they are all players that didn't play WJC's, This leads me to believe that they decisions were purely made on WJC and not based on when they did in the season.  Glass and Lind ripped up the WHL, Vilardi put up 1.86 p/pg on the OHL after coming back from injury (after the WJC).   

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Considering the Liljegren dropped, I don't think we can blame the Toronto media.  Again, if you look at the big risers,  Thomas, Mittelstadt, Necas, Tolvanen, Timmins all had big WJC's.  If you look at the players that dropped.  Lind, Glass, Vilardi, Tippet,  they are all players that didn't play WJC's, This leads me to believe that they decisions were purely made on WJC and not based on when they did in the season.  Glass and Lind ripped up the WHL, Vilardi put up 1.86 p/pg on the OHL after coming back from injury (after the WJC).   

I remember reading somewhere that these rankings were compiled during the world juniors and were submitted immediately following the tourney. I'll have to try and find the story again...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

I remember reading somewhere that these rankings were compiled during the world juniors and were submitted immediately following the tourney. I'll have to try and find the story again...

It was also mentioned on a tsn podcast a month ago when they discussed the list.

17 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Seems not everyone is wondering why no one has taken Kole Lind?

According to this THN poll of execs,, GM's & scouts > Lind would actually get drafted later, not earlier, in a redo of the 2017 draft?

''Would have dropped to at least the mid-second in a redux...'''

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/2017-nhl-draft-do-over-panel-of-scouts-execs-and-gms-redo-the-first-round

For a whole number of reasons, I don’t see any current GM or Exec lending their insight into a “in hindsight re-draft,” especially when it’s less than one year since it happened.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I can see Glass dipping a little bit, considering he was picked pretty damn high, but along with Lind, it shocks me that Vilardi actually dropped considering the season he's had. Tells me you're right about the WJC playing a huge factor.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think “disappointed” is a bit rough. Mittelstadt was the second leading scorer (one point back of team lead) for Minnesota and he had the best points/game on the team.

Boeser’s season was amazing but he had a much stronger supporting cast.

Agreed, however, that Pettersson’s season blows away anything Mittelstadt has done.

My guess is that the scouts they polled are all or mostly based in North America. They probably have no clue as to the magnitude of what Pettersson just achieved.

And Pettersson's WJC performance was a bit less noticeable compared to Dahlin and Andersson on team Sweden whereas Mittlestadt was the star for USA (personally, I don't know if that's true because I didn't watch any USA games).

That list looks like a list compiled by North American scouts that based their opinion on WJC performances and their knowledge of NA leagues.

23 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

How do fellow members feel top six or top nine talent with this guy 

At the moment, I see him as a second line player on a shallow team and a third line player on a deep team. I envision him playing a role like Kris Versteeg on the stacked Chicago team from 2008-2013. Probably going to be a bit better than Versteeg mainly because I think Lind is more competitive than Versteeg, which leads me to think that Lind will be more consistent in putting up the points.

I see him as a 20+ goals, 30+ assists or a 50-60 points player.