The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

Another impressive game from Gadjovich. This kid has been on a tear. Really like the effort he puts out every night, and his game is one that I think will translate nicely into the NHL, and more importantly add some nice size, grit, and net front presence for the Canucks.

2 hours ago, Brouhaha said:

It looks like after that goal he was telling his boys not to celly. Classy fella. 

Yes was good to see them not go crazy, especially, when this was a game they were expected to win

But Team Canada players usually are like that

I noticed Raddysh be the same on his goal before

They know the goal wasn't pivotal at that point of the game as well

Sending a message it is a team game and won't be over the top, at least until they win the gold and complete their dream and goal

13 minutes ago, rekker said:

Hmmm. Wondering when the last Canuck second round or later pick made Team Canada and was impactful. I'm drawing a blank. nice pick JB.

Why just for team Canada?

It doesn't help that we haven't really picked much in the second round either.  In the last 14 years (not including this year) we've only drafted 6 times in the 2nd round.  4 out of the 6 were Canadian, the two picks that weren't Canadian, Demko and Rodin did play in the WJC, and were impactful, Rodin put up 10 points in 6 games.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

It doesn't help that we haven't really picked much in the second round either.  In the last 14 years (not including this year) we've only drafted 6 times in the 2nd round.  4 out of the 6 were Canadian, the two picks that weren't Canadian, Demko and Rodin did play in the WJC, and were impactful, Rodin put up 10 points in 6 games.

Seems to me Team Canada is the deepest, most difficult team to make. If we can sneak a second rounder in there that is making an impact I'd say Canucks drafting is headed in the right direction. Cheers to that.

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Did we Ride out the guy that Rodin too soon?

You always hear coaches say that a particular player needs to play a more north-south game. This guy only knows north-south and I love it. That second goal he went to the net but he had his stick in position and gave his teammate a perfect target for a tip. Add to that after he scored he told his teammates not to do the customary fly by to the bench to tap gloves to avoid rubbing it in during a 6-0 game. So clearly he is a class young guy with strong character. As much as the prospects of a Pettersson/Boeser PP has me excited I am just as intrigued by the possibility of a Gadjovich-Gaudette-Lind line. If their games translate to the NHL that could be scary for the opposition.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Yes, as nice as Gadjovich is for us

It is not like other Teams are not going in the right direction too, with Canada and outside of Canada

Lightning snuck in 2,  2nd rounders on Canada

Ottawa also got a 2nd and a 4th Rounder

Ducks a 2nd

Blues a 2nd 

Flames a 2nd 

Arizona with a 5th

Dallas with Point over Dipietro

Canucks with 4 picks in  Tourney

Devils 7

Calgary 6

Stars 6

Bruins 6

Blues 5

Chicago 5

Buffalo 5

Lightning 5

Ducks 5

Oilers 4

Flyers 4

Ottawa 4

Ya but canucks have 2 picks at 5th overall included in their 4 picks in the tourney. Much higher than just about everybody.  

9 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Ya but canucks have 2 picks at 5th overall included in their 4 picks in the tourney. Much higher than just about everybody.  

Others teams higher picks are in NHL 

So which is better?

There were probably more elite players left off this Team that will be good players in the NHL, but the players picked were deemed more versatile or suited for the team game

I am only stating facts in my reply, that we are not the only team heading in the right direction because we have one 2nd rounder on our Team

If you notice the teams with many picks in this tourney, you will see that the strong teams in the NHL, have potential to only get stronger !

As far as Canada goes

I am surprised we have only 1 gold medal in 8 years ;(

Usually you hear how Canada could ice 2 teams in Olympics and Jr. to win gold

Hopefully this year they get it right !

We probably have the strongest defence and goalie to go with strong balanced forwards on paper

This is a team game with chemistry though

Lets hope it is the right mix