The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kristoffer Gunnarsson | D

Adarsh Sant

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

His point totals went up 100%.

That's not actually true.   If he had 0 points and now has 1, then the percent increase is (1/0)x100%.     So his point total increase was essentially infinite.   If he had one point already and got another, he would have increased by 100%.   

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

That's not actually true.   If he had 0 points and now has 1, then the percent increase is (1/0)x100%.     So his point total increase was essentially infinite.   If he had one point already and got another, he would have increased by 100%.   

I feel like he's scoring 100% more in my heart though. 

• Cheers 4

"I fell in love with my country when I was a prisoner in someone else’s. I loved it not just for the many comforts of life here. I loved it for its decency; for its faith in the wisdom, justice and goodness of its people. I loved it because it was not just a place, but an idea, a cause worth fighting for. I was never the same again. I wasn’t my own man anymore. I was my country’s."

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Well spotted you mathematical genius you... ::D

8 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Actually still not true though.  Exhibition points don't count in season stats.  So still zero for this year as it hasn't started yet.  Maybe just a little more potential.  

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

KG playing on Frolunda's 2nd unit today. Seems to be doing something right ! Expecting an offensive explosion ! ( is usually listed as 7th dman )

If you have ever seen a video of his insane bench presses it's not hard to see why he has trouble scoring. He can't see the puck to shoot because it is being blocked by the bulging muscles. LOL. Seriously this guy could be a wrecking crew as a defensive D man. Maybe not in the NHL but he could probably fit in as a 5/6 d-man in the AHL.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

KG playing on Frolunda's 2nd unit today. Seems to be doing something right ! Expecting an offensive explosion ! ( is usually listed as 7th dman )

Any idea if the Indians have injuries that moved Gunnarsson up in the order, or if he’s simply been promoted ahead of other healthy options?

In any case, from the stats sheet, he played just a hair under 18 minutes and had 2 SOG, 1 hit, and +2 (in a 2-1 win) which isn’t a bad line by any means. Hopefully he continues to see more ice (and get good results).

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Any idea if the Indians have injuries that moved Gunnarsson up in the order, or if he’s simply been promoted ahead of other healthy options?

The only info I get is via FlashScore.ca. So to quote Manuel, I know nothing ! As an overly optimistic 'nuck fan, I choose to assume that his game is becoming elite-ish !

Just read a Swedish article from earlier this week on Gunnarsson.

Google translation has a fair amount of jibberish, but the gist of the piece is that Gunnarsson hopes to make his push into Frölunda’s D order this season as a top-6 regular. He recognizes that icetime and opportunities will be limited, but hopes to earn his way to higher usage through his play. Has focused more on improving his puckhandling, and now spends more time working on his game and technique, versus simply being the team’s gym rat in weight room sessions. As the article notes, Gunnarsson is already a monster physically, holder of several club records for lifts, and extraordinarily fit and well conditioned, so it’s not like he’s “letting himself go” physically. More that he recognizes that he needs to get better with his skills if he wants to prove he has more to offer than just being a pure shutdown and energy/intimidation player. His bread and butter game remains defending leads, Dzone starts, PK, and providing physical aggression, but he’s also working to add the other elements to his game that will hopefully allow him to play in all situations. 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2