The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-TBL

TO TBL

Tanev

Subban

TO VAN

Sergachev

Tanev will be a perfect fit for Tampa and may be enough to help them finally capture the cup. Him and Hedman would be a dynamic duo. Sergachev is a couple years away from making a big impact so a Tanev in his prime should be enticing to them.

Next year's D

Edler Stecher 

Hutton Gudbranson 

Juolevi Sergachev

Holm

Future...

Juolevi Sergachev

Tryamkin Stecher 

Hutton Gudbranson 

Hmm..interesting.

TBay always seems to have cap trouble(& great prospects). They've got the two RFA's going to arbitration(Palat/TJ)..so once again, space may be precious.

Van: Tanev(retain 1 mill x 3 yrs), Granlund

TBay: Sergachev, & Brayden Point(this kid's dynamite, young RH-C) ..value is tricky here. We retain some cap, so I'll say they add a 2019 2nd(put performance-condition on this perhaps?)

Another reason Yzerman might ponder this would be to shaft div-rival, Leafers.

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Hmm..interesting.

TBay always seems to have cap trouble(& great prospects). They've got the two RFA's going to arbitration(Palat/TJ)..so once again, space may be precious.

Van: Tanev(retain 1 mill x 3 yrs), Granlund

TBay: Sergachev, & Brayden Point(this kid's dynamite, young RH-C) ..value is tricky here. We retain some cap, so I'll say they add a 2019 2nd(put performance-condition on this perhaps?)

Another reason Yzerman might ponder this would be to shaft div-rival, Leafers.

Tampa is very high on point and they just traded Drouin to get Sergachev. There is no way this trade gets accepted. Them adding a second is just funny. Anyways Tampa could use cap space but your offer has more cap going to Tampa than coming back

TB don't have a very good looking d prospect pool, so I don't see them giving up Serg.  Maybe they would be willing to let go of Brett Howden and a 1st for Tanev.  Their cap hit is ok now, so I don't see any need to retain $.

Howden has some Bo qualities (work ethic, can score, plays 200 ft game) and loves to rush to the net.  He's projected as a 2nd line C, but maybe he can play wing.  At the very least, he can be traded later on for a winger or dman.

I think the Canucks should hang onto Tanev until after the February break (when they usually start tanking).  The team d isn't looking so good without him.

Man you do trade after trade. Last night it was Tanev for Nylander now its tanev for surgachev. No thanks, unproven player who had all the chances in his +1 year to bring the roof down and didn't. OJ meanwhile was asked to play on the second pairing and pp to spread out their d and scoring. He lost MT Strome Dvorak Yet still put up more goals and same points and his d stats were amazing. 

Serg is A flash in the pan, and if JB wanted him he could have drafted him last year. AS for also giving up Subban. Would you give up A new strain of bud before trying it? for god sake, you and everyone else who throws him in as fodder, need to stop and wait until we give him A chance. Could have the next  Real Sour Diesel right in front of us time for Jordan to light it up. Cheers

1 hour ago, bp79 said:

Man you do trade after trade. Last night it was Tanev for Nylander now its tanev for surgachev. No thanks, unproven player who had all the chances in his +1 year to bring the roof down and didn't. OJ meanwhile was asked to play on the second pairing and pp to spread out their d and scoring. He lost MT Strome Dvorak Yet still put up more goals and same points and his d stats were amazing. 

Serg is A flash in the pan, and if JB wanted him he could have drafted him last year. AS for also giving up Subban. Would you give up A new strain of bud before trying it? for god sake, you and everyone else who throws him in as fodder, need to stop and wait until we give him A chance. Could have the next  Real Sour Diesel right in front of us time for Jordan to light it up. Cheers

Buddy I'm a huge Subban fan always have been but Sergachev > Subban

Tampa is a contender and in 2011 we would make this move or atleast consider it .

2 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Buddy I'm a huge Subban fan always have been but Sergachev > Subban

Tampa is a contender and in 2011 we would make this move or atleast consider it .

Subban is putting up monster numbers against pros. No disrespect to serg but what has he proven yet? I just think and its one of the reasons I hope Subban gets A chance either by Tanev being traded or as an injury fill-in. So we can finally put to bed the whole is he good enough or isn't he. Give the guy 25 games. let him improve up here. And if he can't sustain the points then send him back down and give him one more season in Utica. 

I just wan;t the guy to get A fair chance before we trade him or lose him for nothing, and he turns into the Krug or Barrie.  I say we offer Tanev to the Leafs for a king's ransom or to the Avs who after Zadorov leaving need A shutdown guy like Tanev and A LHD like hutton. Like if we were to send Tanev to T.O it would have to be for their 2018 first JVR who we flip for A first and TL or maybe Carrick if not we hold on until the TDL when teams who need that shutdown guy for the playoffs will be in A bidding war for his services. 

WHadda you think?

10 hours ago, ice orca said:

I doubt it Yzerman just traded Drouin for Serg..SY hangs up the phone.

This is true but I think a huge seller on this trade for Yzerman was he was trading out an asset that needed to be protected and gaining pretty good value back in Sergachev that didn't need to be protected. Tampa has to be in win now mode so I wouldn't say a trade like this isn't doable.

The question is, what would it take? He is a former high first round pick and has done nothing but boost his value, arguably a top-10 pick now.

Tanev + 2nd round pick + Subban for Sergachev + 5th round pick?

Our 2nd next year will be a high 2nd, almost a 1st. Tanev's worth is probably a late 1st round pick. Subban has boosted his value, I'd say he's worth a 2nd (if he makes the NHL) or 3rd round pick (just based on his value now). So pick-wise, we throw a late 1st, early 2nd and 3rd for a high 1st and 5th.

10 hours ago, bp79 said:

I think you been smoking that New strain of sour diesel.. who knows maybe it was sour ass.

1 hour ago, ice orca said:

I think you been smoking that New strain of sour diesel.. who knows maybe it was sour ass.

check out sergachev stats this year. Very underwhelming. Not A new strain maybe to people under 30 it is. My point still stands if JB wanted him why would he have drafted OJ instead? And why would you trade one of the best at what he does for a 9th overall pick who has proven nothing? We got lucky with that once doubt twice. Way to add informative dialogue to a post. Maybe next time add some content about the actual player's Only one smoking bunk $&!# is you kids who arn't allowed to grow your own. Cheers

16 hours ago, bp79 said:

I wont get into a debate on who out of Sergachev and Subban is the better prospect or which one has a higher ceiling....but i will question how you came to the conclusion that a defenseman who just turned 19 two weeks ago is a "flash in the pan"?  The kid only had four games at the NHL level, as an 18 year old.

In my opinion, thats a bit dismissive of a 2016 draft pick.  Lets wait 4 years until he's 23 to rate his progress.....which is Subban's current age.  I think that would be fair.

2 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

I wont get into a debate on who out of Sergachev and Subban is the better prospect or which one has a higher ceiling....but i will question how you came to the conclusion that a defenseman who just turned 19 two weeks ago is a "flash in the pan"?  The kid only had four games at the NHL level, as an 18 year old.

In my opinion, thats a bit dismissive of a 2016 draft pick.  Lets wait 4 years until he's 23 to rate his progress.....which is Subban's current age.  I think that would be fair.

I never said he was the better prospect not once. I only said we use him in every trade proposal as A throw in like fodder. When he could be the next Krug or Barrie. As for Serg I only call him that based on The fact he was always A  boom or bust prospect, and He didn't exactly take huge leaps in his +1 year. OJ even tho lost most of his high-scoring forward played 2nd pairing minutes 5on5 and the pp. He had more goals same points and his defensive stats improved quite A  bit. I have never liked serg . just my opinion, But I  never said Subban was A better prospect. please read the whole post or twice so you don't interpret it wrong. Cheers.

32 minutes ago, bp79 said:

I never said he was the better prospect not once. I only said we use him in every trade proposal as A throw in like fodder. When he could be the next Krug or Barrie. As for Serg I only call him that based on The fact he was always A  boom or bust prospect, and He didn't exactly take huge leaps in his +1 year. OJ even tho lost most of his high-scoring forward played 2nd pairing minutes 5on5 and the pp. He had more goals same points and his defensive stats improved quite A  bit. I have never liked serg . just my opinion, But I  never said Subban was A better prospect. please read the whole post or twice so you don't interpret it wrong. Cheers.

I wasn't implying you were saying Subban was the better prospect...when you brought his name up, i used him as a reference for an age comparison to Sergachev.  Lol, I was actually being literal when i said i didn't want to debate their potential. 

My only concern was the flash in the pan description.  But you clarified that with your "boom or bust" comment and following perspective.   I think thats a really good way of describing him.

Cheers

Archived