The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

s-l225.jpg

Los Angeles Kings - "Far Too Early" Prospect Report

It's still very early in the season, and most of our prospects are getting acclimated to a new season (and many to a new league). However, a few of them have come storming out of the gate.

Kenny Agostino, LW - AHL - 3GP, 2G, 5A, +4

The 'AHL Assassin' is simply too good for the A...but can he cut it in the bigs? He just got called up, so hoping to see him in the lineup tonight.

Daniel Brickley, D - NCAA - 3GP, 1G, 3A

It's going to be interesting watching where Brickley lands this Spring. He will once again be at the top of the NCAA free agent list, but even more so if he puts up another PPG season.

Jakob Stenqvist, D - Allsvenskan - 10GP, 7A

I took a flyer on this guy in the last draft, and so far am very pleased. He didn't have a great rookie season with MODO last year, but he had dominated the lower leagues. In the offseason he was loaned out, and then loaned again, and landed on IF Björklöven, where so far he has thrived. He's already surpassed his point total from last year (in 31 less games).

Adam Helewka, LW - AHL - 4GP, 1G, 5A, +6

Adam had a very strong rookie pro season, especially in the 2nd half. He has continued his strong play this year, and could be a call-up option for the Sharks' bottom-6 at some point this season.

Lukas Bengtsson, D - AHL - 4GP, 3A

We were excited when we heard Lukas was feeling better than he had in years (after starting a treatment program for his undiagnosed condition, POTS). Definitely has been a promising start. He is likely first in line if (read: when) Letang has another injury.

Connor Bunnaman, C - OHL - 9GP, 5G, 4A, +3

Connor's excellent season was recognized with an NHL contract from the Flyers, and being named captain of the Kitchener Rangers. He has responded well, and not missed a beat.

Christian Wolanin, D - NCAA - 4GP, 1G, 2A, +3

The son of Craig Wolanin is now in his senior year at UND. A lot of talent has left the program in the last 1.5 years, but Wolanin seems to be stepping up his game to compensate. The question is if he will sign with Ottawa at the end of the season, or go to free agency in August.

Dmitri Zhukenov, C - MHL - 6GP, 2G, 6A, +5

Remember this guy? Many Canucks fans heard he went back to Russia, and reports are he struggled at the KHL level. But since he has been sent down to the MHL, and has been ripping it apart. Good signs that there still could be something here, both for the FL Kings and the RL Canucks.

Tough to see a guy like Carter go down for a min 6-8 week period, maybe more. 

With that said the Lightning are looking to add a forward. Preferably cheaper, somewhat decent, as most players in our minors aren't ready to make the jump yet. 

Guys like Boro, Benn, Kane, Comeau and even Carter are available to be dealt. 

2 hours ago, Nail said:

GM HIRING:

Please join me in welcoming some new faces to the league, as the Colorado Avalanche are pleased to hire @maroe as their newest GM! Maroe will be joined by AGM @Watermelons !

Welcome to the league both of you!

CDCFL has always been a top-tier prestigious league that many dream to be a part of. Watermelons and I always talk about trades that happen in CDCFL and use the contracts in FL as starting contract negotiation baseline in CDC Puck; that is how big of an influence FL has on other leagues. Can't believe that we finally got the opportunity at cracking the lineup and we promise you all to bring never-ending sources of sarcasms, activity, and competition. Our strategy is simple and same as the one in CDC Puck: to win. With that being said, we will assess our team in the next little before making any moves since our position in the standings is quite disappointing, but I can let you all know that a young defenseman is definitely something that we are going to look for in our first trade. Cheers to a great year! Thank you @Nail for all of this!

Watermelons & maroe

After 6 straight healthy scratches, the Isles decided that after going 0-20 on the powerplay this season, perhaps dressing Ryan Pulock might be a good idea.

Primary assist on Isles first PP goal of the season.

13 hours ago, maroe said:

CDCFL has always been a top-tier prestigious league that many dream to be a part of. Watermelons and I always talk about trades that happen in CDCFL and use the contracts in FL as starting contract negotiation baseline in CDC Puck; that is how big of an influence FL has on other leagues. Can't believe that we finally got the opportunity at cracking the lineup and we promise you all to bring never-ending sources of sarcasms, activity, and competition. Our strategy is simple and same as the one in CDC Puck: to win. With that being said, we will assess our team in the next little before making any moves since our position in the standings is quite disappointing, but I can let you all know that a young defenseman is definitely something that we are going to look for in our first trade. Cheers to a great year! Thank you @Nail for all of this!

Watermelons & maroe

Welcome to CFL.  Great additions @Nail

minus the NMC/NTC that go with 2/3 of @Monty's deals of course, lol.

12 hours ago, maroe said:

Watermelons & maroe

@maroe Hit me up! I have lots of young D and I'm looking to move one.

13 hours ago, maroe said:

Watermelons & maroe

you guys do have Zadorov (an RFA) unsigned in case you didn't notice

it was tempting to send him an offersheet, but I don't roll like that.

17 minutes ago, oldnews said:

you guys do have Zadorov (an RFA) unsigned in case you didn't notice

it was tempting to send him an offersheet, but I don't roll like that.

Yes yes good observation, we saw that earlier as well. We are looking to shed some cap through picking up a defenceman for a fwd before signing him + Chiasson.

Oh, I like cinnamon rolls ::D

On 10/18/2017 at 8:41 AM, Squeak said:

Washington places Jordan Schroeder on waivers with the intention of assigning him to the minors

45 minutes ago, D-Money said:

After tonight's game, Kings place Luke Witkowski on waivers to assign to the minors, and call up Connor Brown.

@Nail

My two cents, but I'd love to see a required format for posting waivers.

ie posts that are clear, and lead with the word Waivers - as in Nail's posts

On 10/17/2017 at 10:43 AM, Nail said:

Waivers:

The following player has cleared waivers:

Wade Megan (WPG)

These posts with the word waivers buried in them, not even bolded, create too much grey area imo - have been disputed in the past - and not everyone reads all the content of every post in here, or has the time (or will)  to wade through it all.

Archived