The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

Thanks @Nail, @inane, and @Jaku for the more than fair, and smooth negotiations. I was happy to spend some of my stockpiled picks to get back in to the playoff race and take these expiring contracts off your hands. 

Still looking for a backup Goaltender on an expiring contract or reasonable long term deal on a playoff team from a team unlikely to contend in the post season if this exists.

I am also open to acquiring one or two more skaters if they are waiver exempt, though as before am not open to trading any A prospects or 1st round picks. 

Current Roster

Spoiler

Related image
Bobby Ryan - Max Domi - Anthony Mantha

Alex Burrows - Valteri Filppula - Carl Hagelin

Matt Calvert - Martin Necas - Dale Weise

Stefan Noesen - Chris Wagner - Jake Virtanen

Brandon Tanev

Erik Johnson - Nate Schmidt

Travis Sanheim - Zdeno Chara

Gustav Forsling - Luke Schenn

Dennis Seidenberg

Mike Smith

Brandon Halverson

Hey guys sorry for my absenteeism of late. Life has kind of taken a turn for the worse and I have been battling some mental health issues. 

At this point I will be officially resigning my position as GM of the Colorado Avalanche and likely retiring from CDC. 

Would like to take this time to thank Nail for his undying commitment to the league and I hope whomever takes over for me can take the Avalanche to the next level. 

Peace out peeps.

7 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Hey guys sorry for my absenteeism of late. Life has kind of taken a turn for the worse and I have been battling some mental health issues. 

At this point I will be officially resigning my position as GM of the Colorado Avalanche and likely retiring from CDC. 

Would like to take this time to thank Nail for his undying commitment to the league and I hope whomever takes over for me can take the Avalanche to the next level. 

Peace out peeps.

Hope all is well, Caboose. I’ve had a close friend commit suicide from mental health issues, as well as several family members who suffer greatly. Truly, truly wish you the best.

38 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Peace out peeps.

Good luck and hope everything works out for you. Always will have those memories of STHS 

1 hour ago, Caboose said:

Peace out peeps.

It's been a slice, friend. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Best of luck Caboose. 

1 hour ago, Caboose said:

Peace out peeps.

Wishing you the best Caboose - take care of yourself - and hope for your recovery.

4 hours ago, Caboose said:

Peace out peeps.

Thank you for your time in the league Boose.

Wishing you the best in the future, make sure to keep in touch!

Nail

6 hours ago, Monty said:

5F26D14F-71A1-4CC3-A2F6-15805990B9C0.jpeg.c7acef101a4177b069c2f42c84dcfa29.jpeg

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed forward Brian Gibbons to a one year contract, worth $850k.

@Bombastik der Teutone

@Nail

The Blackhawks would like to welcome Brian to the Organisation. He will give us some more depth on the forward section.

sadly his assist and +2 rating wont count for last night. we hope keeps up his current play.

Another win for Bob :)

Bertschy with  4 Pims and a +1 rating in his Debut 

Clutterbuck scored a Goal in his Return after he missed some Games due an injury

Anders Lee and Dustin Brown each scored 1 Goal

Pyatt another assist , Bitetto added 4 Pims .

Klefbom and Thornton are stil la bit off though 

i would like to take a moment to thank @Caboose , who gave me my first CDC fantasy GM position in the CDC Elite league.

Which was a great league. Now I am in 3 and having a blast!

I thought your absense was strange. You have a lot of passion. Here I simply wish the best for you brotha! Take Care!

14 hours ago, Caboose said:

Peace out peeps.

Sounds like your making some healthy decisions and being proactive. I try not to talk too much about it but I want to this morning: I am a veteran with PTSD and my wife (now technically exwife) has worked for the FEDS at Veterans Affairs working with the families of other soldiers with PTSD  to help them overcome things like raging alcoholics, suicide, mental trauma, family violence, all sorts of exotic and horrible side effects of having a loved one suffer with a mental injury...she is now on long term disability with her own PTSD as a result and a dose of suicidal ideation as well. 

I am feeling like I have my health under control and I am working for a good charity, we have a beautiful house that we own and life is on track, but when it goes off the rails, it can go sideways.  She decided to not play at being married anymore as part of her recovery, but we are still sharing partners in the house and business and hell, we still snuggle at night and go to the movies...I hope she changes her mind and comes back to me in her mind as well, as the long term healing takes place....bottom line is i would rather a healthy ex wife than a dead wife. 

....so i got of topic a little, but I really wanted to say that YOU are the most important person right now and you need what you need. Take the time to get er back on track and if you ever feel like coming back here, I bet you will be more than welcome. Take Care Bro. Pain is temporary, that is a big thing to remember, as anguish can make it seem like a no way out situation. You are a well liked guy in our community here, don't forget that. 

Archived