The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Rebuild Kicked Off With Acquiring Bo, & Was Completed at 2019 Draft!

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  That's why I say there is a lot of luck involved.  First, we need luck in the lottery.  Then we need luck picking the correct guy with our top pick.  I think the more picks we have, the more potential there is to get lucky.  

Alf, saw I made a spelling mistake in my original post...

Just to be safe, it should have read 'wouldn't swap him for any of the others', but I'm sure you got that already :) 

15 hours ago, hammertime said:

That 2nd for Baertschi at the deadline man was that a spectacular fail. What are you even talking about that was the only pic spent near the deadline that season. Go ahead make up your own history. 

Are you really clinging to what ...... Vey and Clendenning? As the downfall of the Canucks rebuild?

If you're confused as to what happened at the last deadline, there's this thing called google where you can look things up.  

Capture.JPG.606049fc1a8fa87617ae749ac4b4102f.JPG

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

If you're confused as to what happened at the last deadline, there's this thing called google where you can look things up.  

You're  complaining???

Are you trying to insinuate that 2 of JB's biggest win trades as gm in terms of rebuilding make his rebuild a failure cuz...... What? 

13 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

Dude, if you think those were bad deals for us, I question your knowledge of hockey. What did you want? the first overall pick from last draft? Crosby? Mcdavid and a 1st? 

Goldobin might not pan out, But he has crazy goal scoring potential. Hansen has been a healthy scratch several time this season. 

Dahlen looks great so far. He will be apart of our team in the future. Burrows isn't the same player anymore. I'd say that was a fantastic return. 

• Thanks 1

So is this conversation happening now because injuries have gotten so bad we are now on a losing streak? This is also while Edmonton sits 23rd in the league and Vegas is sitting 4th overall. Benning and Co. are sticking to the plan as stated a few years ago, plain and simple. Happy Holidays everyone! :)

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

So is this conversation happening now because injuries have gotten so bad we are now on a losing streak? This is also while Edmonton sits 23rd in the league and Vegas is sitting 4th overall. Benning and Co. are sticking to the plan as stated a few years ago, plain and simple. Happy Holidays everyone! :)

The plan to pick 5th overall a few times or the plan to stay competitive?

• Like 1

This thread is absolutely septic. We're currently seeing one of our rookies put up historic numbers in the NHL, and another put up historic numbers in the SHL. We have top level prospects in every position and currently have quite possibly the best pool we've ever had, and yet people are still caught up on irrelevancies.

This is basically the troll thread now. Like the seedy underbelly of CDC, where it all of the sudden morphs into the HFboards.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

The plan to pick 5th overall a few times or the plan to stay competitive?

The plan is to improve the team at EVERY opportunity and not rely on ONE section of the player selection process and gamble on ONE player who MAY or MAY NOT crack your line up and MAY or MAY NOT win you a championship. We have players that have been accumulated through trade, draft ,free agency and management have taken what ever opportunity available to improve their team. I don't think narrow-mindedness has a place in such a big entity such a pro sport team and it would be irresponsible for the management team to try the "Edmonton Style" of trying to build a championship team.

Every team rebuilds/retools every year as players retire/contract expires/gets traded/gets signed etc. etc. and even the championship teams do this. 

What a pointless discussion IMO which usually only sparks up when the team is losing. Coincidence? :lol:

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎23 at 9:38 AM, hammertime said:

You're  complaining???

Are you trying to insinuate that 2 of JB's biggest win trades as gm in terms of rebuilding make his rebuild a failure cuz...... What? 

Uh.. no.  I'm showing what happened at the last trade deadline, the one that you claimed we got Baertschi at.  

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎23 at 3:11 PM, KKnight said:

Dude, if you think those were bad deals for us, I question your knowledge of hockey. What did you want? the first overall pick from last draft? Crosby? Mcdavid and a 1st? 

Goldobin might not pan out, But he has crazy goal scoring potential. Hansen has been a healthy scratch several time this season. 

Dahlen looks great so far. He will be apart of our team in the future. Burrows isn't the same player anymore. I'd say that was a fantastic return. 

Dummy.  Show me where I said those deals were bad.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadianRugby said:

Uh.. no.  I'm showing what happened at the last trade deadline, the one that you claimed we got Baertschi at.  

Cuz I figured you couldn't possibly be complaining about last deadline with your narrative so what exactly are you complain about because your not making sense. JB has done well to only trade pix for young ready meow players. AND he has done exceptionally at getting a return on Vets and not setting a firesale precedent dealing them for scraps.  Do you think he gets the deals he got on Burr and Hansen if he blew out Hammer and Vrbata for the offers tabled the year b4? Honestly I have no idea what point your even trying to make and sounds like I'm not alone. Moving on happy festivus.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Cuz I figured you couldn't possibly be complaining about last deadline with your narrative so what exactly are you complain about because your not making sense. JB has done well to only trade pix for young ready meow players. AND he has done exceptionally at getting a return on Vets and not setting a firesale precedent dealing them for scraps.  Do you think he gets the deals he got on Burr and Hansen if he blew out Hammer and Vrbata for the offers tabled the year b4? Honestly I have no idea what point your even trying to make and sounds like I'm not alone. Moving on happy festivus.

Where was I complaining about the last deadline?  The conversation we was if Benning changed his plan since he got hired or not.  Maybe you should read what you're responding to, it might save you some confusion. 

• Upvote 2

On 2017-12-24 at 3:32 AM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

This thread is absolutely septic. We're currently seeing one of our rookies put up historic numbers in the NHL, and another put up historic numbers in the SHL. We have top level prospects in every position and currently have quite possibly the best pool we've ever had, and yet people are still caught up on irrelevancies.

This is basically the troll thread now. Like the seedy underbelly of CDC, where it all of the sudden morphs into the HFboards.

Anton Rodin was mr awesome once too. 

One Brock can’t stop a tank in stealth mode.

Neither of these two hate facts are trolling. 

• Cheers 1

We will never get anywhere solely based on draft picks and prospects. We still need good trades, good cap control, veteran depth and a bunch of luck. I don't even really know why Vegas are as good as they are. They just are. Toronto has a lot more going for them than AM, Nylander and Marner. They've got the mix. That mix is what we are after. It's not going to happen on drafting alone.