The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Rebuild Kicked Off With Acquiring Bo, & Was Completed at 2019 Draft!

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

13 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

And you are ignoring my point:  we could have had Pettersson + a pick OR a higher-ranked-player + a pick.  Both of those options are better than just Pettersson.

That's too much risk for a really really late pick imo.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

i sure hope edmonton doesn't get first pick over all.  we'll probably end up with 7th overall pick.

We worried last yr, Joe..yet still perhaps hit the motherlode...

Virtanen

Boeser

Juolevi

Petterson

I don't care what anyone says..love our 1st rounders!

• Cheers 2

What are the chances that Pettersson and Dahlen step right into the lineup next year in place of the Sedins? Seems more and more likely by the day. Throw in Gaudette and Juolevi and all of a sudden we're in the back end of our rebuild. Another year of deadline deals and solid drafting should set us up nicely. 

Edited by VIC_CITY
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

What are the chances that Pettersson and Dahlen step right into the lineup next year in place of the Sedins? Seems more and more likely by the day. Throw in Gaudette and Juolevi and all of a sudden we're in the back end of our rebuild. Another year of deadline deals and solid drafting should set us up nicely. 

This would be the ideal scene and it is possible.  IMO we will likely still have a couple down years, not as bad as last year or the year before, but still out of the playoffs and picking top ten ( if the lottery balls are kind to us).  After that we will have Pettersson plus two or three making a difference, along with Juolevi and Demko, plus possibly Lind, one or two other guys and if we are very lucky this or next year's draft pick(s).  

2020-21 should be a competitive team (one of the best in our division, battling with Calgary and Edmonton for supremacy, LA should be done by then, San Jose for sure, and ARI and Vegas in the middle of the pack...ANA is a wild card depending on how they do with aging Getzlaf and Perry) possibly a contender.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2017 at 1:31 AM, VIC_CITY said:

It will take them 3 years of development in the NHL to get real gud... They aren't going to come in and be bid difference makers right away. Very few players do that, OV Crosby McDavid Mathews etc. 

I think at least 2 of them will start in the AHL. It'll take some time yet but we are looking a lot better than we were a year ago. 

28 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

It will take them 3 years of development in the NHL to get real gud... They aren't going to come in and be bid difference makers right away. Very few players do that, OV Crosby McDavid Mathews etc. 

I think at least 2 of them will start in the AHL. It'll take some time yet but we are looking a lot better than we were a year ago. 

Plus I don't think that Dahlen will make it to the NHL if we're being objective here.  I know that he was highly touted, but he hasn't progressed this year.

7 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Plus I don't think that Dahlen will make it to the NHL if we're being objective here.  I know that he was highly touted, but he hasn't progressed this year.

But..but..all of our prospects are going to be 1st line NHLers! Even the fringe ones like Dahlen! That's what CDC told me!

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You can be excused for not following Dahlen's progress.  He's currently back in the league he was in last year and  has 1.27ppg as opposed to 0.98ppg last year.  Decent improvement for a guy recovering from mono.  We'll have to see how he does after Christmas when he likely moves up to the SHL.  He's still no lock for making the NHL, but he's moving in the right direction.  I'd like to see him in Utica next season as long as it isn't still log jammed in a way that doesn't allow a lot of game time, but he has a shot at making the Canucks if he works hard.

There'll be a couple of spots available next season.  Virtanen and Boeser made the line up this season.  I think Pettersson and one other will make it next season.  It could be Dahlen, Goldobin or Gaudette.