The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Rebuild Kicked Off With Acquiring Bo, & Was Completed at 2019 Draft!

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

although the tank is looking dismal at this point, there is still hope to do well in next years draft. kesler (rip) was picked @ 23 i believe. i am hoping jb goes for some bruisers that can skate since we already have a number of smaller offensive players in the pipeline. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, granpappy said:

although the tank is looking dismal at this point, there is still hope to do well in next years draft. kesler (rip) was picked @ 23 i believe. i am hoping jb goes for some bruisers that can skate since we already have a number of smaller offensive players in the pipeline. 

It would be sweet to get another top end pick or do well in the lottery (if team doesn't make playoffs) instead of relying on luck on a late pick.  Though that at this point is secondary.  We've picked high for a few years now.  To me, it's already too late but the team should be stockpiling some picks.  Have Pettersson and some good support.  Need more.  

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

At least I don't have to money with the %'s any more!(stealth rebuild kaput..touch wood)

I think the goal of a rebuild is to be a Stanley Cup contender, not a playoff contender. 

On 10/5/2017 at 8:02 PM, Boudrias said:

I like to be positive but then I watched the Oilers-Flamers game. The size and skill on the Oiler team is impressive. I understand that their time line is now or within another season but it shows how far Vancouver has to go to be a serious CUP contender. I always compare 'regular season ready' versus 'Cup ready'. Oilers are CUP ready. Van is not even 'regular season ready'. 

306c47b69e7f228af62d56f9b68f9e1cc5b3948a

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

306c47b69e7f228af62d56f9b68f9e1cc5b3948a

You got me on that one Rob. In my defense the Oilers were coming off that semi-final loss and ya they looked good!. I was even tempted to start a reacquire Zach movement. :frantic:  Benning looks like a hockey god now!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

You got me on that one Rob. In my defense the Oilers were coming off that semi-final loss and ya they looked good!. I was even tempted to start a reacquire Zach movement. :frantic:  Benning looks like a hockey god now!

Problem with this game - it is still played by humans who are flawed like all of us!    Wasn't trying to dig, just showing how all these "absolutes" can change so quickly.   Two years ago, people were talking about the Oilers as a dynasty emerging but a few of us were like "uh, ok...." but now at least we can say we go that one right.   At the risk of letting you get even, I predict the Canucks win a playoff series before the Oilers next do and I predict they come closer to a Cup in the next five years than the Leafs.   

12 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Problem with this game - it is still played by humans who are flawed like all of us!    Wasn't trying to dig, just showing how all these "absolutes" can change so quickly.   Two years ago, people were talking about the Oilers as a dynasty emerging but a few of us were like "uh, ok...." but now at least we can say we go that one right.   At the risk of letting you get even, I predict the Canucks win a playoff series before the Oilers next do and I predict they come closer to a Cup in the next five years than the Leafs.   

Wow! Now that is what I call lay'in it on the line. Where can I stash this one to get a little payback???? B)

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Stealth tank is definitely back on. And I'm ok with that.

The team made their goal of playing meaningful games in February. The injury bug was too much.

More high end picks! Let's all pray to the hockey gods for Jack Hughes.

It’s really looking like we are going for a nose dive, and at the right time of year.  It didn’t seem at all likely that we’d get over that huge losing streak, somehow we did, and injuries did it to us again.  

The positives far out weigh the negatives, right from the get to go we needed another solid of not spectacular player from this years draft, no Sedins, no Vanek etc.  We’d be battling OTT right now if it weren’t for Markstom and EPs play, two players is never enough.  Benning also solidified the bottom six in the summer, AG proves he belongs, and help on the defense is coming with Hughes and possibly OJ next season (good-bye poo, goodbye ?!).  

If if we do land an 18 year old that can jump right in and play with Horvat then next year we should see a big jump in the standings.  Even with injuries next season our team is better prepared to replace players with guys like McEwen, Brisbois, Sautner and Dahlen ready to carry the torch.  Only a few days left to get more picks, Benning is working the phones no doubt, interest in Edler is high enough he might bring a trade to him if he thinks it might work, and rent him before re-signing.  Probably not, but at least this year we have all our picks and some extra padding in the later rounds.  

Stetcher is also playing himself into the next core, a bright light, Hutton too.  JV?  Maybe he’s a trade chip, if not that’s ok too.  Motte didn’t seem like a good return but he was.  

The draft is now becoming the thing to look forward to next, what Benning does could determine his future after the end of next season, so far he’s done enough to let things play out, but at some point patience will start to wear thin.  Being one heck of a season, post Sedin plus one the team has played with heart, and the season has had its moments, now is the time to see what our top AHLers can do and prepare for the draft, including making deals to add picks and cut off some chaff.

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2019 at 6:20 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's back on..one last season for a top-5 pick!

Once more watching games with zero expectations. Just hope EP keeps rolling.

Lol yes it is definitely on now!! I hope EP tanks too, learn how to be a loser and fit in with the Canucks and stealth tanking :)

2 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Lol yes it is definitely on now!! I hope EP tanks too, learn how to be a loser and fit in with the Canucks and stealth tanking :)

Ohhh..now this is the thread where expectations are lowww

But all that said..Man, how low can y'go?(we need EP to hit 70 pts min, brother)

6 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Ohhh..now this is the thread where expectations are lowww

But all that said..Man, how low can y'go?(we need EP to hit 70 pts min, brother)

Just joking buddy, i have heard the term "tank" so many times the last few days i had to bring this thread back! My thought is the season is done as of now but i will still watch even to the bitter dying end!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

The 5 year stealth redo if I remember what you called it correctly, more like the 10 year plan

The revamp was prob rejigged into a redo. Somewheres in there reformers renovated the concept into a rebuild. I could rehash all this 'til blue in the face! :^)

• Upvote 1

On 7/31/2018 at 4:22 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Correction: The 5 Yr Stealth ReDo is 100% done.

Now, it's 1 yr of a blatant dive-bomb, as the youngins' gain muscle & experience(mostly elsewhere). A few elder, well-paid samurai(ronin), fighting for honour at the old site.

The 5 yrs of ninjas are out. They've accomplished their mission of distraction & disinformation. We've now assembled a younger army, & started construction on a new castle(moat's dug, & rock walls are up). 

Future looks promising.

Here it is as you said last year the stealth redo is 100% done. And only 1 year of blatant dive bomb, so that's this year, so next year we are going to be favorites to win?