The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jason Garrison

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

As a player, sure he would.  But that contract - 4.6m?  Seems awfully steep.

Well we just freed up nearly 7 mil on LTIR. I'm thinking we could fit him. I'm not sure where Guddy is with the wrist situation, I know he didn't play after the fight. I'd happily take Garrison back, and I believe we still have 2nd waiver priority until the end of the month. 

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Anybody still upset about moving Garrison? I still remember people being cheesed about that move :lol:

No but I do feel for the guy, its sucks to see two local D guys hit the crapper. On the other hand he's making 4 mil per year so....

If one of our guys was hurt longer term I could see this as a cheap and easy way to fill some minutes.

It is unsustainable to have the guys we have eating so many minutes Tanev and Del Zotto are going to go down with injuries just from wearing out.

If Gudbranson actually hurt himself badly enough to be out a month I would pick up Garrison.   Odds are that by the time Stecher and Edler were ready to come back, someone else will have gone down with injury.

Jason struggled early but then was our best defence man for about 30 or so games. He didn't bring the offence, but he was very good defensively. 

He kind of lost it after the injury and never came close to the same level of play for us. I don't really see the need. 

Garrison is an interesting option.

He is a very serviceable dman on an expiring contract.

How much of a downgrade is he on Edler ?

Is there a legitimate trade market for Edler (if willing to waive)...could possibly get a "free" high draft pick or top prospect(both?) by basically inserting JG for AE.

How bad is Guddy's wrist ?   He's an UFA this summer also...

If needed moving fwd...sure local boy Garrison would re up here at a reasonable cap hit.

Worst case...is probably a very valuable trade chip at TDL to a team in need or that has just suffered an injury.

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I think most people were upset with what happened to the pick we got back from him. 

Nah, there were people legit upset that we traded him at all. It was pretty funny IMO.

Hasn't that pick now become Pouliot? :lol:

Archived