The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, DonaldBrashear said:

Leafs fans are so upset at this loss, it is so funny. I looked on twitter and message boards and they are whining about the refs, Jim Hughson, Mike Babcock, and so on and so forth. The Leafs fans think the world revolves around them. They call Jim Hughson biased and a "homer" for the canucks, HA! All the guy did was talk about Auston Matthews all game. I guess he didn't mention Matthews enough? Maybe they should keep a little picture of Auston Matthews on the bottom corner of the screen during the entire game so Leafs fans don't feel like he is being ignored. Buncha divas.

Please don't give them ideas, puleeez! 

7 minutes ago, skategal said:

Took a quick look at the PGT on HF, it was like looking in a mirror when we lose a game ^_^  One or more players are garbage, one or more players should be traded, coach should be fired etc.  Passionate fans!  

Out of curiosity, do the leafs have their own forum? Or is it just HF?

6 minutes ago, ThaShady1 said:

I don’t like that a visiting team dictates our start time at home. I don’t care how big your audience is, it’s crap and I’m tired of the league catering to eastern teams. 

I definitely agree with the second part of your post though. Anytime we beat the leafs I’m happy they all got to watch it back home. 

I don't know about that, It's a business and the networks pay billions for tv rights, they have to make money and the more eyeballs on tv screens the more more money they make. 

Canucks fans benefit too, it gives fans living further out from downtown like Chilliwack etc. being able to come downtown with their kids and get back home for them to be able to go to bed for school in morning. 

I think many fans lose sight of the fact that NHL is a business and take too many things personally when there really is no need to take it personally. 

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't know about that, It's a business and the networks pay billions for tv rights, they have to make money and the more eyeballs on tv screens the more more money they make. 

Canucks fans benefit too, it gives fans living further out from downtown like Chilliwack etc. being able to come downtown with their kids and get back home for them to be able to go to bed for school in morning. 

I think many fans lose sight of the fact that NHL is a business and take too many things personally when there really is no need to take it personally. 

I agree with everything you said. Still though, &^@# the Leafs anyways.

49 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I hope Goldobin plays the next game. He may have looked a step out of place there, but this game was nuts. Aside from that weak ass penalty call I don't think he played all that badly. 

He's just under a microscope compared to the other forwards. He made a couple bad plays in the O-zone and a bad blind tip pass in the D-zone. They should give him another game to get a rhythm going, assuming he works hard in practice.

Lol, this gem from their message board.

'Markstrom was by far the best nucks player, but he did also benefit from some lucky bounces. The 2nd best Canuck was Edler, Boeser had like one good chance (he was up against Matthews and got stomped, as expected), Horvat was invisible, the Sedins looked good at times on the cycle but man are they slow and Tanev is a number 3 Dman, who would still be a number 3 Dman if we traded for him. Let them enjoy this win, and get further from where they should be (they have slowly assembled some decent pieces, but they need at least one more lottery pick, a center).'

This guy obviously did not pay attention to news outside of NA.

14 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

He's just under a microscope compared to the other forwards. He made a couple bad plays in the O-zone and a bad blind tip pass in the D-zone. They should give him another game to get a rhythm going, assuming he works hard in practice.

Yes. I saw that tip pass in the D zone too. He thinks the game on a higher level. I'm thinking a highly skilled defenseman wudda skated smoothly right into that.  Unfortunately we don't really have one of those. Karlsson wudda ate that up. 

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Icing on the cake for tonight’s win... here is the ratface getting flattened by Ivan Provorov! :towel:

https://twitter.com/FlyersNation/status/937028743700213761/photo/1

Lol. I watched that game. Of course the Boston loving media whined and complained how Provorov targeted Mardouch's head. It was a clean hit. What's a guy to do when your target is four feet tall and bending down?  

2 minutes ago, skategal said:

Anyone else wonder if Tanev's hand isn't fully healed?  He made some uncharacteristic bobbles, I didn't see the game in Nashville, not sure if there is a pattern or if he was just off tonight.  

Yes. Something must be up cuz he hasn't been very Tanev-like since returning.  An idea that may be met with criticism but maybe give him a game off and get the Bulldog back in there?  It's a loooong season 

Archived