The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

32 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't know about that, It's a business and the networks pay billions for tv rights, they have to make money and the more eyeballs on tv screens the more more money they make. 

Canucks fans benefit too, it gives fans living further out from downtown like Chilliwack etc. being able to come downtown with their kids and get back home for them to be able to go to bed for school in morning. 

I think many fans lose sight of the fact that NHL is a business and take too many things personally when there really is no need to take it personally. 

There’s no 4pm starts when Pittsburgh, NYR, Montreal, etc comes to our barn, and those are also big ticket teams. 

As to your our second paragraph... it’s Saturday today, so... ????????

1 minute ago, ThaShady1 said:

There’s no 4pm starts when Pittsburgh, NYR, Montreal, etc comes to our barn, and those are also big ticket teams. 

As to your our second paragraph... it’s Saturday today, so... ????????

Ya I'm so done with the Ontario fans being catered to as well.  The league has to show some sort of integrity and stop being so money centric at every opportunity 

14 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Ya I'm so done with the Ontario fans being catered to as well.  The league has to show some sort of integrity and stop being so money centric at every opportunity 

NFL will bump teams out of prime time slots if the teams suck and there's a better match up. I hate Toronto but they've a lot of fans and when you've a huge fan base that brings in a ton of views you've earned the prime time slots. 

57 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't know about that, It's a business and the networks pay billions for tv rights, they have to make money and the more eyeballs on tv screens the more more money they make. 

Canucks fans benefit too, it gives fans living further out from downtown like Chilliwack etc. being able to come downtown with their kids and get back home for them to be able to go to bed for school in morning. 

I think many fans lose sight of the fact that NHL is a business and take too many things personally when there really is no need to take it personally. 

An apologist comment where as the big markets in New York, Pennslyvania etc in US markets and Canada ( aside from playoffs ) are not granted the same start time in hockey, basketball or baseball. That Business?

37 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Lol, this gem from their message board.

'Markstrom was by far the best nucks player, but he did also benefit from some lucky bounces. The 2nd best Canuck was Edler, Boeser had like one good chance (he was up against Matthews and got stomped, as expected), Horvat was invisible, the Sedins looked good at times on the cycle but man are they slow and Tanev is a number 3 Dman, who would still be a number 3 Dman if we traded for him. Let them enjoy this win, and get further from where they should be (they have slowly assembled some decent pieces, but they need at least one more lottery pick, a center).'

This guy obviously did not pay attention to news outside of NA.

Considering the Leafs are full of #4, 5 and 6 D-men you would think they would appreciate a good #3 D-man

6 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

NFL will bump teams out of prime time slots if the teams suck and there's a better match up. I hate Toronto but they've a lot of fans and when you've a huge fan base that brings in a ton of views you've earned the prime time slots. 

It's the lay of the land. Money talks, BS walks. 

2 hours ago, HarryCanuck said:

After a Canucks win at the end of the game, the CBC crew continues to talk about Austin Matthews for the 999th time. 

Great game, a very strong team effort. Edler’s best outing of the year IMO. 

I actually thought they did a pretty good job tonight.... I have a feeling we weren't the only western team getting annoyed of the clear Leafs bias on HNIC.  Still slanted that way but seems like we got a little more love than they usually give us imho.  

Archived