The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

I like the 4 pm start once in a while. Why do people hate it so much. It gives out of town fans to come in and watch a game a couple of times per year and the East Coast gets to see our team and players. If it starts at 7 vs TOR then most people are sleeping out east, I'd rather them see Horvat Boeser and others. Makes are players bigger stars. 

It’s not that comment.  It’s his vocal hatred of our team, and our city.  Why hire a guy who clearly, and openly hates us?  

14 minutes ago, 6string said:

Jim Hughson said as the camera was zeroing in on Auston Matthews at the introduction of the game, " the reason why this game is starting at four o'clock."  Bullcrap this has been happening since the CBC went with the doubleheaders over a decade ago!

They should have zoomed in on that aweful leafs logo and said that. At least they could have told the truth with that.

10 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Ya, 'cause the entire fanbase were there at Rogers'.

No but I meet a lot of Canuck fans, there's so many bandwagon jumpers.  Not talking about the people here, I assume you have to be kinda passionate to come talk about your team in a forum.  Don't you think most Canuck fans were happy to run Luongo out of town even though he's the best goalie we've ever had and ended the goalie graveyard we had?  Blamed him for losing in the finals even though the team set an NHL record for fewest goals scored in a 7 game series.. but mostly I'm talking about the lack of cheering, and awful atmosphere at Canuck games.  I'm not saying anything controversial here, it's been talked about for years in this forum.  I've been to a lot of sports events in a lot of cities and I love the Canucks but our fanbase stinks, sorry.  The team is pretty exciting this season so to be outcheered in our own building?  Pretty sad.  

Just now, Green Building said:

I hope Goldobin plays the next game. He may have looked a step out of place there, but this game was nuts. Aside from that weak ass penalty call I don't think he played all that badly. 

I thought his effort was great.  I recall a sequence of complete 200' play and the rest of his toi he wasn't caught out of position.

id like to see him stay and continue to develop his own game as well as chemistry with his line.

3 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Rogers is always quiet xD I think it was a combination of nervous canucks fans (cant blame us) and shutting leafs fans up early. The building did come alive in the 3rd though

I was referencing a certain poster from another thread. Thanks for being a true fan and actually staying to watch the game you bought tickets for.

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Green's press conferences are so different from Willie's. Just tells you as it is. He's in total control. Willie just never looked comfortable at the NHL level. 

His deployment, in game adjustments, & analysis on player's strengths/weaknesses reveal a sophisticated, astute eye for the game.

Deep down every player(that's competent) yearns for such an individual callin' the shots.

Archived