The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Maybe just a representation of folks that live in Van.  (Or at least the 'monied ones'.

This is actually true.  I lived in Van for a bit and now in a smaller community.  People in smaller BC communities are more passionate.  I remember when the Canucks came to my town that's what they said, they couldn't believe how passionate the fans here were. 

Maybe it's because there's less to do in a small town?  Maybe it's because more of the people are raised in Canada vs just moving here.  Can't explain it but it's frustrating how lame the atmosphere in Vancouver is.  

1 minute ago, 6string said:

It's always tough to choose who to pull for, so this is my formula is:  if it doesn't factor into the standings I cheer for the visiting team.

I like it when the home fans get burnt in a loss and at the same time the bias broadcast has to eat it too.

Good plan but I'm too exhausted to care after the Nucks victory. My only wish would be that they could somehow both lose. As that won't happen, I just hope they hurt eachother and embarrass themselves on national TV.

Just now, YummyCakeFace said:

Need the coilers to start getting points.  Don't want them getting anywhere near a shot at Rasmus Dahlen

so we're cheering for a coiler win tonight?

don't know which team I dislike the most here

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

My heart palpitations have just eased up in the last 5 minutes. Good ole cardiac Canucks'll put me in the hospital.. 

Yeah.  If they really cared about us fans, they would have scored a couple more and walked away with it.  

2 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Telling that neither Virtanen nor Goldobin were benched for the third period. Whether Green felt it was important to keep everyone fresh or if he was willing to trust them to hold a 3rd period lead, it was good that he was willing to let them play out the stretch. Games like these are important for player development.

Liked how both of them responded to the challenge today. The whole team gave their best effort even though they spent a lot of time in their own zone.

Definitely a good experience for young players. I feel like the speed of the game absolutely had something to do with it, but the fact no breakdowns lead to chances late with them on the ice (not that I saw anyways) means they probably have a bit more trust in the bank with Green now as well.

4 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Good plan but I'm too exhausted to care after the Nucks victory. My only wish would be that they could somehow both lose. As that won't happen, I just hope they hurt eachother and embarrass themselves on national TV.

Same draining feeling here after our big win, I can't stand the Alberta teams!

Archived