The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks vs Canes 7:00PM (SNP/SN650)

Odd.

10 hours ago, alfstonker said:

It's now getting near that time when someone needs to set up a Gaunce Scores thread where you have to pick the Team, period and time. Hopefully he gets a goal before Christmas, he deserves it. I notice he's been having a few more shots recently too.

JB needs to change his definition of a good "two way" player to include putting up points along with good defensive play...may be no one has told him this...lol

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

JB needs to change his definition of a good "two way" player to include putting up points along with good defensive play...may be know one has told him this...lol

I think within his "role" he actually is a two way player though. He certainly has a history for two way play.

1 minute ago, Freaky Freak said:

So Gaunce is not playing tonight ??? 

Dang

I liked the Granny Virt Brendan  line and hope they would get a good 10-15 game run to try and form some chemistry 

Or is he just showing he loves to skate and work on getting better ???

It may just be that Green thinks that with the energy he puts into the game and at his age he deserves a night off. He certainly had one of his best displays against Toronto imo.

11 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

I think within his "role" he actually is a two way player though. He certainly has a history for two way play.

then he doesn't have to score in his role?...always good to have 4 scoring lines including one being a shutdown line.

21 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

It may just be that Green thinks that with the energy he puts into the game and at his age he deserves a night off. He certainly had one of his best displays against Toronto imo.

They only have 13 healthy forwards. Can't read which one of Gaunce or Burmistrov sits if they're both out there.

Pretty sure Gaunce isn't coming out of the lineup. Probably just likes the morning skate. If he's a healthy scratch tonight, I'll change my username to "MarryMeMatthewTkachuk".

6 hours ago, Odd. said:

I think management knows and the team knows very well that if they are really serious about pushing for a playoff spot, they have to win against middling teams like Carolina with no certain identity. With Calgary losing their game yesterday, we can gain a bit separation by stringing in a couple of wins.

Our next 3 games (Carolina today, Philly on Thursday, and Calgary on Saturday) are teams we can easily beat if we keep our $&!# together. 

I agree with you, however both teams are likely saying that, and ODDly enough... both are correct 

26 minutes ago, Freaky Freak said:

So Gaunce is not playing tonight ??? 

Dang

I liked the Granny Virt Brendan  line and hope they would get a good 10-15 game run to try and form some chemistry 

Or is he just showing he loves to skate and work on getting better ???

Showing his commitment to the team and his coaches. A young player that gets limited minutes doing the right thing and taking every opportunity to improve.not to mention the late start due to surgery. 

good for him. 

23 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Green finally losing patience with the media idiots. I'm surprised he has humoured them for so long.

Yeah I love that.
The same questions over and over and over and over and over and over again.... and then over again and again
Is a requirement to get your journalism badge that you have to be a brain dead automaton?
Jeez let's hear some real questions, like:

" So Greener, I was having a beer with Garrett the other day and he was telling me you like ketchup on your tacos, and he laughed saying he always felt like he had a long lost sibling out there. Care to comment? He's quite a character that Garret. Who puts ketchup in their Pilsner??? "

" Are you a fan of table tennis? A few of the guys were in the hall the other day kicking the soccer ball around and allegedly you came out of the room in your tightie whities with a ping pong paddle grinning oddly, then greeted with a murder of blank stares. What the hell was that all about? "

" A few years ago John Tortorella tried to storm the Flames dressing room here at home looking to rip Bob Hartley a new orifice. Have you ever done something like that?Would you like to? If so, what coach in the NHL would you most enjoy punching out? "

" I'm sorry.... I did have a question, but I think I just sharted when I stood up... can I borrow your hanky? "

Seriously. Hire me. I'll even dress up like Nardwuar, if you ask nicely.

31 minutes ago, Pete M said:

then he doesn't have to score in his role?...always good to have 4 scoring lines including one being a shutdown line.

Up till recently I think he has played more of a "sacrificial role". By that I mean he has concentrated on laying off chances and protecting his line by concentrating on defence. Imo that doesn't mean he is not a two way player or that he is not playing on a scoring 4th line.

As I said he is trying to score, it is just not happening for him yet. Even so he had 2 shots to Goldy's none against Toronto.

39 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Green finally losing patience with the media idiots. I'm surprised he has humoured them for so long.

He sounds like he is laughing but it has to be a painful experience constantly spewing the same BS. The writers are often too lazy to do enough homework. Some one asks about Cloutier and Green goes into depth on his coaching and gives serious kudos to Cloutier's work. It would be nice to see Green turn the pre-game interviews over to his assistants and have them rotate through. Each could discuss what they are trying to do and comment on player development. Many fans would find it interesting IMO.    

3 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Yeah I love that.
The same questions over and over and over and over and over and over again.... and then over again and again
Is a requirement to get your journalism badge that you have to be a brain dead automaton?
Jeez let's hear some real questions, like:

" So Greener, I was having a beer with Garrett the other day and he was telling me you like ketchup on your tacos, and he laughed saying he always felt like he had a long lost sibling out there. Care to comment? He's quite a character that Garret. Who puts ketchup in their Pilsner??? "

" Are you a fan of table tennis? A few of the guys were in the hall the other day kicking the soccer ball around and allegedly you came out of the room in your tightie whities with a ping pong paddle grinning oddly, then greeted with a murder of blank stares. What the hell was that all about? "

" A few years ago John Tortorella tried to storm the Flames dressing room here at home looking to rip Bob Hartley a new orifice. Have you ever done something like that?Would you like to? If so, what coach in the NHL would you most enjoy punching out? "

" I'm sorry.... I did have a question, but I think I just sharted when I stood up... can I borrow your hanky? "

Seriously. Hire me. I'll even dress up like Nardwuar, if you ask nicely.

Wow! That was seriously good. If I had been into my wobbly pops I probably would have snorted one.  

Archived