The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

33 minutes ago, mll said:

Dowd seems to be a "Gaunce" type player or worst...that will help with the scoring. 

Play Burmi with Goldy and let them work it out (give them a chance)...no more plugs taking up roster spots, it won't look good on the score board.

Was it just me or when Green mixed up the lines for the 3rd chemistry between the lines looked SO BAD... I understand when losing maybe a good idea to mix the lines up and create something hopefully, but in my eyes it looked like the complete opposite to the point I was saying put the lines back it's your only chance, because they looked so bad. 

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

Granny had some looks I thought.

burmistrov is a warm body at best.

Granny did but the lack of finish was disturbing.  Burmy is looking more and more like a placeholder.  Granny will be too if he can't produce offensively when he has the chance.

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Was it just me or when Green mixed up the lines for the 3rd chemistry between the lines looked SO BAD... I understand when losing maybe a good idea to mix the lines up and create something hopefully, but in my eyes it looked like the complete opposite to the point I was saying put the lines back it's your only chance, because they looked so bad. 

To me it was definitely a moment of over coaching. Eriksson and the Sedins looked good.  Maybe Granlund should've been given the start with Boeser, but chances weren't really the problem.  It was the finish.  Soo many missed chances in the slot.

1 hour ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Granny did but the lack of finish was disturbing.  Burmy is looking more and more like a placeholder.  Granny will be too if he can't produce offensively when he has the chance.

I’m a little confused by Granlund. I wasn’t expecting 19 goals again but he seems to have lost his confidence his shooting ability. Worrisome indeed. 

23 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

To me it was definitely a moment of over coaching. Eriksson and the Sedins looked good.  Maybe Granlund should've been given the start with Boeser, but chances weren't really the problem.  It was the finish.  Soo many missed chances in the slot.

Yeah I think you're right there a little over coaching, but your dead on about the missed opportunities that was embarrassing and frustrating to watch how many missed the net was ridiculous.

57 minutes ago, ThaShady1 said:

I’m a little confused by Granlund. I wasn’t expecting 19 goals again but he seems to have lost his confidence his shooting ability. Worrisome indeed. 

Not sure what is going on with Granlund.  Bo being out is a huge opportunity for him if he takes it.  So far, he hasn't done much to show he can elevate his game.  Maybe last year was an anomaly?

7 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Not sure what is going on with Granlund.  Bo being out is a huge opportunity for him if he takes it.  So far, he hasn't done much to show he can elevate his game.  Maybe last year was an anomaly?

I realize for the most part he’s been being used in a shutdown role this season, and that’s fine, as he’s been doing it well. However you don’t ordinarily pull 19 goals out of your butt and completely lose that touch. 

Hoping he rises to the top with the opportunity. I’ll reserve some judgement for a few more games. Realistically though, the whole team now more than ever has to score by committee... or at least hit the friggin net!

11 minutes ago, Drewismyname said:

Edler is a loser plan and simple iv been saying it for years and get attacked for it from his sister's on this board but it's the truth

Can’t decide if I hate his back pass, flopping in his own crease, or not passing to the top scorer on our team the most. 

14 minutes ago, Drewismyname said:

Edler is a loser plan and simple iv been saying it for years and get attacked for it from his sister's on this board but it's the truth

I don’t think Edler is a loser.  I think he’s not the leader type, who is really a top minute dman.  He is way better playing second fiddle.

1 hour ago, ThaShady1 said:

I agree Granny has been in major struggle so far this season.

But to his defense, he was put up and down the lineup to help aid the youngsters to assimilate into Canucks system.

He was a good utility player that just did well in any situation with any players put alongside him.

I doubt he will get 19 goals this year. But there is no question he has been an integral part of the team thus far.

Blown chances will be addressed and hopefully he will pop in a few. 

10 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Virtanen's big hit started the play that Boeser scored. That is contributing, if you don't see that then please go away.

Yes I recognize the fact that jakes hit started the play that lead to our only goal.So are you satisfied with one player making one good play every once in a while? Because to be a winning team we need way more than that to succeed which is why I listed multiple players that need to contribute. And as far as my rating of Jake Virtannen we probably could have drafted him in the second round. He is a big fast skater with a good shot and a very low hockey IQ. For his size he is not very physical which makes me wonder what type of player he is or is trying to be. 

3 hours ago, ThaShady1 said:

I realize for the most part he’s been being used in a shutdown role this season, and that’s fine, as he’s been doing it well. However you don’t ordinarily pull 19 goals out of your butt and completely lose that touch. 

Hoping he rises to the top with the opportunity. I’ll reserve some judgement for a few more games. Realistically though, the whole team now more than ever has to score by committee... or at least hit the friggin net!

It's a team game and there was plenty of blame to go around  last game (edler) but granny and Baer  both had multiple grade a set ups and came away with nothing. This team struggles to score and those have to be capitalized on.  If those guys can't produce offensively, they won't be here long.  More talent is coming along with more grit and size. They have a window now.  Up to them to take advantage.

3 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Green from practice today..

I love this. Green isn’t some dipsh!t from the back of beyond. He’s a guy who had to work his ass off to stay in the league. Had to change his game, adjust from being the hotshot goal scorer he’d been his entire life to a player that digs out the corners and wins puck battles. If anyone is going to get our players attention, without being a complete ass like Tortella, it ought to be Green. 

Archived