The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks shopping Alexander Burmistrov

5 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

A top 5 pick should 100% push for a spot in their +1 year.

According to what rule?

D also tend to take longer and the read on Juolevi was always likely 2+ years away/needing development time. There's nothing wrong with that.

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

According to what rule?

D also tend to take longer and the read on Juolevi was always likely 2+ years away/needing development time. There's nothing wrong with that.

According to every rule. In fact, Juolevi did have an opportunity to push for a spot but he just didn't get it. In every NHL draft ever the majority of top 5 picks play in the NHL by their +1. 

How many haven't? 4-5 in the past decade? 4-5% of them don't play in their +1? That means that yes they should PUSH for a spot in their +1.

1 minute ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

According to every rule. In fact, Juolevi did have an opportunity to push for a spot but he just didn't get it. In every NHL draft ever the majority of top 5 picks play in the NHL by their +1.

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

According to what rule?

1 minute ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

How many haven't? 4-5 in the past decade? 4-5% of them don't play in their +1? That means that yes they should PUSH for a spot in their +1.

These are people/players not math formulae. 

OJ, the individual player/person, was always predicted to require 2+ years of development. You can create all the spread sheets and flow charts of historic probabilities you like and it won't change that he's right on track with his assumed/planned trajectory.

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

These are people/players not math formulae. 

OJ, the individual player/person, was always predicted to require 2+ years of development. You can create all the spread sheets and flow charts of historic probabilities you like and it won't change that he's right on track with his assumed/planned trajectory.

Find me any scouting report saying 2+ years. People are people and stats are based off of said people. 

19 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Find me any scouting report saying 2+ years. People are people and stats are based off of said people. 

Not sure why we're looking at 'top 5' picks? Yeah, shockingly first overalls (hell, top 3) tend to play pretty soon :rolleyes: Or looking at players that aren't D.

Find me a list of other D-men, taken 5th overall (who were also one of the younger players in the draft BTW) that played NHL in their +1 and then we can chat.

An no, at quick glance I couldn't find anything verbatim but most scouting reports made mention of 'needing time to grow in to his large frame' etc and I can't remember where I heard/read it (Benning interview maybe?) but the general consensus was 2+ years to develop.

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

Say's the guy with the meme and the 'stop replying to my posts'... with nary a hint of irony :lol:

If your goal is to discuss/debate with other posters, you should try having a better informed opinion or you risk some of us pointing out/discussing it's ignorance.

There is absolutely no ignorance involved in suggesting that OJ's camp was a disappointment and that his development is not as far along as some of us had hoped. So please, keep your know it all attitude to yourself. I have no urge in keeping up this back and forth with you. 

Just now, VIC_CITY said:

There is absolutely no ignorance involved in suggesting that OJ's camp was a disappointment and that his development is not as far along as some of us had hoped. So please, keep your know it all attitude to yourself. I have no urge in keeping up this back and forth with you. 

Feel free to stop then :lol:

Now now children.  

Enough of the bickering.  

I do remember hearing the thought was it would be a 2+ year development with OJ. 

And yes, some people hoped he would be further along.  BUT, do your hopes really mean a damn thing?   Nope.  

I hope Boessr turns into a 50 goal guy.  

I hope my wife brings me some beer on her way home.   

I hope I find 50$ in my jeans.  

It doesn't mean jack.  

The kid was bored in Jr.  

Sure, he didn't have a great camp, but he is making up for it with a fantastic year in a good league. 

Next year he should be ready for the NHL, which would be along the line line of his development projections.  

Maybe not in line with some people's hopes, but too bad for them.   

56 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Not that we are suprised but Pierre Lebrun reported JB shopping still for another top 9 forward with Bo and Sven out.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-what-s-the-likelihood-of-the-sens-trading-karlsson~1283029

Interesting. This could warrant its own thread, feel free to create one if you would like.

51 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I'm only going to type this once, and this is nothing against you, nor is it to troll. It's my honest opinion; perhaps more to help so please take it as that....

Other people are going to have opinions of your opinion. Accept that. It's called a forum for a reason.

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

I'm only going to type this once, and this is nothing against you, nor is it to troll. It's my honest opinion; perhaps more to help so please take it as that....

Other people are going to have opinions of your opinion. Accept that. It's called a forum for a reason.

Opinions are fine. But when you think you're the 2nd coming of Scotty Bowman, act like his $&!# don't stink and bash other people's perspective just because they differ from yours, I don't have time for that. 99% percent of posters on CDC know how to have a healthy debate. If you fall in that 1%, do us both a favour and just save it. That's the definition of a troll. Someone that's more concerned with getting a reaction than having a discussion.

7 hours ago, Rush17 said:

what quality of C is jim looking for is my question. hmmm...

2nd line C? 3rd line C? think were good on 4th line C's.

I don't see why he would be looking for a Centre... Currently we have -

Horvat, Henrik, Sutter, Granlund, Gaunce Gagner, Dowd, Burmistrov and Pettersson waiting in the wings... 

Why spend assets to go after another centre? Besides Tavares in the off season.

2 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

If you have no urge to continue a debate, then stop trying to get in the last word - it's quite childish 

Honey Badger is 21st on the Sharks in ice-time/game.  Just sayin'.

Honey Badger aint no fourth liner.    At least not in this uniform. 

I love him even more after doing so little for that group of whine and dive losers.

So let's liberate the Shards from his 3.0 million cap hit and bring him back.

If they want Burmistrov, they're welcome.  If they want Gagner, they're welcome. 

Hockey trade - until the moment it happens - and then the Badger resurfaces and it goes in the fleece column.  Suck it SJ.

Archived