The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What do you want as the Canucks alternate/third jersey?

Rate this topic

Roberts

3rd jerseys  

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 minutes ago, BLU3GR33NBL00D said:

Saw this at Granville Market and it made me think itd be cool to have a bit of that color/pattern on part of the jersey!

Screenshot_20180825-212853_Gallery.jpg

The original and current blue and green are Vancouver colors but the Flying V and Skate colors have a Vancouver flavour to them, ie. BC sunset yellow-gold and Canadian red. 

Love both colour schemes.

5 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Here it is! :)

20171223_111851.jpg

they do have this logo in some of their training facilities if i remember correctly, so it would make sense to use this if they went with a jc crest although we do have a penchant for making multiples so mabbe multiple jc logos as well? it would be nice to at least replace the vachon head

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Here it is! :)

20171223_111851.jpg

Wow.  It is surprising how just taking Johnny out at the knees works so much better!  I think what bugs me about the lower part is that it looks like he's running on his skates. Totally unnatural skating pose. Works as a children's cartoon, but not as a crest.  This would make a great third jersey, at the very least.

But my vote is still:

25um8uq.jpg

• Haha 2

On 8/26/2018 at 1:00 PM, kilgore said:

Wow.  It is surprising how just taking Johnny out at the knees works so much better!  I think what bugs me about the lower part is that it looks like he's running on his skates. Totally unnatural skating pose. Works as a children's cartoon, but not as a crest.  This would make a great third jersey, at the very least.

But my vote is still:

25um8uq.jpg

puke.gif.65576645bd10dbf000ffe73181408154.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I hope my beloved Canucks stay away from that awful hipster logger cartoon dude logo. 

But, that's what you do to me don't you dear Canucks?... you break my heart and still you're my favorite gurl :(

So I know you will, get it out of your system. Make it fast. I'll hold my breath. 

Edited by bishopshodan

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I hope my beloved Canucks stay away from that awful hipster logger cartoon dude logo. 

But, that's what you do to me don't you dear Canucks?... you break my heart and still you're my favorite gurl :(

So I know you will, get it out of your system. Make it fast. I'll hold my breath. 

The Canucks' origins started with Johnny Canuck in the Pacific Coast/Western Hockey League. Logging has been a historic industry in our province and it built the City of Vancouver.

5564_vancouver__canucks_-primary-1953.png

• Thanks 1

Get real.

Trendy, liberal-hipster Vancover’s Johnny Canuck should reflect the modern city-lumberman, well, the lumbersexual...

464B5924-C191-427A-8AEF-EE988FD7EDFD.jpeg.2e37885190470d504a919c47678a56fc.jpeg

Squeezing every fashion cliche into an image/costume while removing any ounce of masculin integrity from the look that once was reserved for men who actually worked outside, in the bush, doing man stuff... so not JC. 

Maybe just stick with the whale instead until this man-costume passes. :P

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Get real.

Trendy, liberal-hipster Vancover’s Johnny Canuck should reflect the modern city-lumberman, well, the lumbersexual...

Squeezing every fashion cliche into an image/costume while removing any ounce of masculin integrity from the look that once was reserved for men who actually worked outside, in the bush, doing man stuff... so not JC. 

He's missing the man-bun, but no doubt the shirt is made from hemp and he's squeezed into skinny-jeans.  That dangerous blade should have a protective cover, and the axe handle better not be from old-growth forest.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

He's missing the man-bun, but no doubt the shirt is made from hemp and he's squeezed into skinny-jeans.  That dangerous blade should have a protective cover, and the axe handle better not be from old-growth forest.

haha. the lack of man bun is what makes me doubt he's a 'liberal'...

I tried wearing skinny jeans in my later years working in the bush.  my corduroy bell-bottoms kept getting caught on broken branches, causing me to face plant , so I had to duct tape them around my ankiles, defeating the fashion point - and wasting a lot of duct tape.  but then with the skinny jeans my boots would get filled with duff....so I had to give up working in the bush.

No worries - I doubt the axe handle is old growth.  my guess would be photoshopped synthetic... whereas a 'real man' would use hickory.  

nice fashion choice on the double bit though.

On 2018-09-01 at 12:37 AM, 189lb enforcers? said:

Get real.

The Canuck brass at the time should have gone with Brent Lynch's, (who designed our present logo) earlier proposal for the Canucks:

Vancouver-Giants-EventsHeader1718_1200_4

He even incorporated the horizontal stick as a homage to the old stick n rink jersey, while 'maturing' the Johnny Canuck cartoon.  I think this logo would have silenced a lot of logo whiners to this day. If done up in blue and green, and of course without the "Giants". How many Giants fans do you hear criticizing their logo?  which was gifted to them after the Canucks dismissed it in favour of the orca. :wacko:

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 22/08/2018 at 9:16 PM, MoneypuckOverlord said:

our_game_gallery_23_slide_zps72dsqlw4.jp

my wild guess it's going to be a johnny Canuck one from the 60's.  Stick in the rink is not historical to some extent since we've been using it for so long.  Other wise another stick in the rink what difference is that from our previous 3rd jerseys just recently?

FB_IMG_1540304553918.jpg

2 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

FB_IMG_1540304553918.jpg

It's right in the op that the skate is the 'historic' jersey and there will be a 'new' 3rd jersey. I almost hope the new third is the ugly JC. It saves me money if it's something I don't like and will never buy. :lol:

• Upvote 1

@Baggins okay yes we get it. You are not a fan of Johnny Canuck. I wouldn't mind if it was an alternate third jersey next season for like 10 games a year. I wore the one in my profile photo seeing the Canucks in Las Vegas last March. I had so many other teams fans come up to me saying how much they liked the logo and jersey.Many had never seen or heard of it and I had to explain to them it was an alternate logo of our beloved Canucks. Personally the orca represents our ugly past with the Messier and Keenan days and it looks like a constipated orca. It has nothing to do with the teams name or logo or history. I wouldn't mind the stick in rink as the primary and Johnny Canuck as an alternate third all on a blue jersey though instead of the green one pictured.

original (3).jpg

CvwN2LKUEAA7zto.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

@Baggins okay yes we get it. You are not a fan of Johnny Canuck. I wouldn't mind if it was an alternate third jersey next season for like 10 games a year. I wore the one in my profile photo seeing the Canucks in Las Vegas last March. I had so many other teams fans come up to me saying how much they liked the logo and jersey.Many had never seen or heard of it and I had to explain to them it was an alternate logo of our beloved Canucks. Personally the orca represents our ugly past with the Messier and Keenan days and it looks like a constipated orca. It has nothing to do with the teams name or logo or history. I wouldn't mind the stick in rink as the primary and Johnny Canuck as an alternate third all on a blue jersey though instead of the green one pictured.

original (3).jpg

CvwN2LKUEAA7zto.jpg

That looks awful. 

• Upvote 4