The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser named Rookie of the Month for December

AlwaysACanuckFan

59 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

With 11 games in January, another eastern road trip and several breaks in between games, Brock could make it a three-peat. If he does, the Calder would be in his back pocket. 

Congratulations Brock on back-to-back Rookie of the Month honours!

Are they playing Pittsburg again? :D

So back-to-back ROTM honours for Boeser. Great stuff. Has anyone won back-to-backs like that and not won the Calder? If he wins it again in January (3-pete), is it pretty much his? I think Boeser could win it every month for the rest of the year, but I also don't believe he's a lock even if he does. The league will take a long hard look at McAvoy and Barzal (eastern players).

1 hour ago, TotesMagotes said:

Only 3 guys have had a higher scoring rate in their rookie season since 91/92?? Wtf. Being mentioned in the same breathe as those guys is incredible.

It's pretty amazing.  I wonder how he fits into this all-time, I'd bet most guys on that list are already in the the Hall of Fame or going to be.   His shooting percentage doesn't seem sustainable, but at the same time he keeps doing it...man if he can keep it up it would be legendary, Bossy like in his precision.  

Ovi gets his goals by peppering the pucks, it's worked for him.  But it's more entertaining IMO to watch a sniper do his thing with pin point accuracy rather than on the ice bottom corner 9 our of ten times with one going in.   

Same power as Clarke on his wristers, same accuracy as Bossy/Sakic...wow that must be hard to defend against.

4 hours ago, tas said:

you still SHOULDN'T believe that because it isn't true. 

Green himself said he was thinking about the team and development for Brock meaning he didn't think he was ready yet lol, but people still don't see it like that.... It is what it is Green didn't think he was ready and he was wrong he's human he's not always going to be right, but don't understand the hate when it's true.

5 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Green himself said he was thinking about the team and development for Brock meaning he didn't think he was ready yet lol, but people still don't see it like that.... It is what it is Green didn't think he was ready and he was wrong he's human he's not always going to be right, but don't understand the hate when it's true.

green has said repeatedly, like so, so many times, that brock was sat out because he was burned out after training camp. green even said later on that boeser approached him and TOLD HIM that he was exhausted. 

not because he wasn't ready. nobody has ever said that or even implied it. he needed to regroup physically and mentally. 

15 minutes ago, tas said:

green has said repeatedly, like so, so many times, that brock was sat out because he was burned out after training camp. green even said later on that boeser approached him and TOLD HIM that he was exhausted. 

not because he wasn't ready. nobody has ever said that or even implied it. he needed to regroup physically and mentally. 

On his decision to sit Boeser
“There’s been a lot of hype on Brock. There’s a lot of big expectations on him. It’s twofold, really. I’m thinking about the team and I’m thinking about development and Brock. I felt for the game against Edmonton, we needed to have a couple lines that were going to be effective against the McDavid line and he just happened to be the guy out. There’s 82 games in the season, it’s a long season still. He’s going to get plenty of opportunities to play. I’ve had a good conversation with Brock and I’m not worried about it at all.”

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

On his decision to sit Boeser
“There’s been a lot of hype on Brock. There’s a lot of big expectations on him. It’s twofold, really. I’m thinking about the team and I’m thinking about development and Brock. I felt for the game against Edmonton, we needed to have a couple lines that were going to be effective against the McDavid line and he just happened to be the guy out. There’s 82 games in the season, it’s a long season still. He’s going to get plenty of opportunities to play. I’ve had a good conversation with Brock and I’m not worried about it at all.”

and none of that touched at all on him not being ready. I'm not going to quote the 10 other times green has addressed it. it was best for the team and best for brock and his development to take a break after training camp because he was exhausted. 

Just now, tas said:

and none of that touched at all on him not being ready. I'm not going to quote the 10 other times green has addressed it. it was best for the team and best for brock and his development to take a break after training camp because he was exhausted. 

So why didn't he just say he was burned out from the pre season to HNIC? Why say is was development? That normally implies he's not ready lol but I guess you don't think like that. 

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So why didn't he just say he was burned out from the pre season to HNIC? Why say is was development? That normally implies he's not ready lol but I guess you don't think like that. 

I would say he was being deliberately vague to shelter brock from media scrutiny. 

Archived