The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does Toronto go from here?

rekker

24 minutes ago, mephnick said:

I mean...Pittsburgh has had a barely competent defence for years and they've won 3 Cups. I'm not saying it's not important, but it might not be that important if your offense is stacked.

Not that Matthews/Tavares = Crosby/Malkin

That's just it. Pitts did it but their centers are way better defensively. Islanders were pretty vocal about JT's lack of defensive play. Mathews still to prove he can step up. Kadri is actually their best Selke type forward. Bozak will be missed as he was a good checking forward as well. 

5 hours ago, rekker said:

Also losing Polak, Martin, Komarov is losing a lot of grit. Kadri going to be able to pull his usual crap? Probably not because he will be too busy pulling defensive center duties now that one of their best defensive centers in Bozak is gone. Hainsy? How old is he? Cup favourites? Please, get real oddsmakers. 

Kadri was the one drawing defensive assignments. Bozak was the one being sheltered.

9 minutes ago, rekker said:

I'm not sure why they bother with the 2018/19 season. All sources and pundits have Toronto winning anyways. Let's just fast forward to 19/20 and get this over with. 

When they flame out in the playoffs due to a poorly constructed defense, it'll be worth it. Those sources and pundits will have to dig deep into the excuse well to find new reasons for why the team failed.

11 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Pretty sure the Cup was awarded last night after that massive win

There was one play last night where Tavares protected the puck using his backside. Both commentators went on and on with how Tavares does this. Ummm......pretty much every player does this in the NHL. If you dont your not in the NHL anymore. 

15 minutes ago, rekker said:

There was one play last night where Tavares protected the puck using his backside. Both commentators went on and on with how Tavares does this. Ummm......pretty much every player does this in the NHL. If you dont your not in the NHL anymore. 

Congrats on having a fat ass Johnny T

18 minutes ago, rekker said:

They love Johnny's ass.

21 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Must see.  This is gold, Jerry.  GOLD!

That is golden! I have said and I was glad to hear it repeated. Let's win a playoff round and then talk Stanley Cup favs. I would of liked to hear Sid touch on the "best coach in the world" with one Stanley Cup and how many Jack Adam's? Zero. 

Archived