The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) Here's what JB must do!

Time is running out, as the trading deadline quickly approaches. I know many of you feel the team needs quality defenders, but the Canucks need skill, and speed. I've been to a few games this year, and to be honest I, and my two son's had to leave the game vs.Tampa after the 2nd period. It was gross to watch, as they (Canucks) are way to slow. Which we all know, but what most of you don't know is that only 2 of our players would actually crack Tampa's top six forward group. In fact if you start looking at the top teams throughout the league the same can be said for those teams. Not even the Sedins would crack most top 6 forward groups in the NHL, and yet reports say the Sedins want to wait til the summer time to think about if they want to keep playing. Really, really? All I can say is don't let the door hit you on the way out. In order to move this team back to relevance they need to make a deal for a LEGIT top 6 forward prior to the TDL. Our best asset to do this is Tanev, if we have to include a second so be it. If they are able to sign UFA Evander Kane in the off season they would have 4 LEGIT top 6 forwards. If Petersson makes the club next year then in all likely hood will then have 5 LEGIT top 6. Depending on the lottery draft we could solve our defensive woes with R.D., but regardless, you could build the defense up all you want but if you don't have 2 scoring lines that can out skate, out skill, and play big this team will struggle.

Proposal:

Tanev + Baertschi + 2018 2nd round

for

W. Nylander

Don't panic...

Sign E. Kane in off season

Let the Sedins walk..

E. Pettersson makes club next year, and Dahlen, and Gaudette might as well.

We probably have a top 3 pick in this years draft, in which there are 2 fantastic forwards, and a franchise defender.

The team begins to look like it could be relevant again... Give me 1 month and I'll have it straightened out for you Jim. 

56 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How does W. Nylander help our team?  He’s softer than warm butter.  I’d much rather acquire Marner, wouldn’t you?  

39 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

in a post that says "don't panic" somewhere in there, it starts off with "time is running out" rofl

29 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

must?

MUST!

4 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

Ya your right, just watch this team suck for 5 more years, thanks for your input

I've said lots of things on this site and get tired of repeating them.   

No point panicking and giving away 3 good assets for 1.  They have enough small, quick, skill players in the system.  How about some jam.  Both are good.  Let's not chase trends.  I want both on my team.  Signing other teams problems isn't going to help either.  Is that good enough?

There are some real nice prospects in the pipeline and you can't have a full rebuild  without sucking for a few years.  Get over it.

2 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

Time is running out, as the trading deadline quickly approaches. I know many of you feel the team needs quality defenders, but the Canucks need skill, and speed. I've been to a few games this year, and to be honest I, and my two son's had to leave the game vs.Tampa after the 2nd period. It was gross to watch, as they (Canucks) are way to slow. Which we all know, but what most of you don't know is that only 2 of our players would actually crack Tampa's top six forward group. In fact if you start looking at the top teams throughout the league the same can be said for those teams. Not even the Sedins would crack most top 6 forward groups in the NHL, and yet reports say the Sedins want to wait til the summer time to think about if they want to keep playing. Really, really? All I can say is don't let the door hit you on the way out. In order to move this team back to relevance they need to make a deal for a LEGIT top 6 forward prior to the TDL. Our best asset to do this is Tanev, if we have to include a second so be it. If they are able to sign UFA Evander Kane in the off season they would have 4 LEGIT top 6 forwards. If Petersson makes the club next year then in all likely hood will then have 5 LEGIT top 6. Depending on the lottery draft we could solve our defensive woes with R.D., but regardless, you could build the defense up all you want but if you don't have 2 scoring lines that can out skate, out skill, and play big this team will struggle.

Proposal:

Tanev + Baertschi + 2018 2nd round

for

W. Nylander

Don't panic...

Sign E. Kane in off season

Let the Sedins walk..

E. Pettersson makes club next year, and Dahlen, and Gaudette might as well.

We probably have a top 3 pick in this years draft, in which there are 2 fantastic forwards, and a franchise defender.

The team begins to look like it could be relevant again... Give me 1 month and I'll have it straightened out for you Jim. 

Problem with E. Kane is he is a CANCER in the room.   He didn't do well in the room in Junior and he was a nightmare in Winnipeg and same in Buffalo and you want him here.   NOT HAPPENING. . .   Otherwise I agree that we need speed and skill and lots of it . . .

Oh yeah let's let the two player's that are third and fourth on our team in scoring walk and well be better because of it. Never mind that they are two of the best player's to ever play for us

We probably have a top 3 pick this year? You do realize we've ended up with the 5th pick despite being second last overall twice recently? Look at the stats. We are 4th last right now. We aren't probably getting a 3rd overall pick next year.

You and your sons had to leave the game because the score was 3-0 against the top team in the league after 2 periods? Go root for another team. Seriously bugger off you bandwagoners. No one expected the Canucks to be good this year. If the score is 5-0 or 6-0 after two periods sure. 3-0 and you left? Cheer for another team please and thank you

I'm sure Evander Kane will be just what our team needs. Replace two of our best scorers with a locker room cancer that is sick of being on bad teams. This is seriously one of the worst post I've ever read.  Go cheer for another team and hopefully we never hear from you again

Can't believe Toronto would ever consider this deal.  If they're going to move any of their big three, they will want something more significant than a few secondary pieces tossed their way.  I'd imagine they would start the discussions asking about our lottery pick this summer and go from there.

9 hours ago, HockeydownUnder said:

Oh yeah let's let the two player's that are third and fourth on our team in scoring walk and well be better because of it. Never mind that they are two of the best player's to ever play for us

We probably have a top 3 pick this year? You do realize we've ended up with the 5th pick despite being second last overall twice recently? Look at the stats. We are 4th last right now. We aren't probably getting a 3rd overall pick next year.

You and your sons had to leave the game because the score was 3-0 against the top team in the league after 2 periods? Go root for another team. Seriously bugger off you bandwagoners. No one expected the Canucks to be good this year. If the score is 5-0 or 6-0 after two periods sure. 3-0 and you left? Cheer for another team please and thank you

I'm sure Evander Kane will be just what our team needs. Replace two of our best scorers with a locker room cancer that is sick of being on bad teams. This is seriously one of the worst post I've ever read.  Go cheer for another team and hopefully we never hear from you again

Best response ever !!! Too bad I can click like only once. Even when they are bad I watch the games. People talk a big game about supporting the rebuild but then can’t stand when we get wiped out. Tampa is just clearly one of the best and we are one of the worst and playing a new low. I also love how people come on saying they will make trades to fix our team and only trade for forwards. Our defence is by far our weak spot. We have good forwards coming up and some good ones on the team. If you trade tanev ??? Who else is back there now ? Edler for one more year, guddy is gone Del Zotto for a year. That leaves Hutton, pouliot and stecher. Besides Olli we have nothing coming up so we need to make moves for d or start drafting more. I agree with the guy I’m quoting, if your going to leave with your  kids after the second period and not support a rebuilding team then don’t come back when we turn it around. We don’t need another generation of fair weather fans 

Archived