The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Canucks interested in Domi and Reider

Can anyone give a reason why the price is high? Baer has better numbers than both...

Baer for Domi, straight up. Why would we add anything, why should we be expected to? Because of his last name? Sure Domi has a physical element which Sven lacks, but Domi's a borderline disaster in the dzone.

I couldn't care less about Rieder. Don't want him

Could be a Baertschi Domi swap. Maybe ARI wants a pick included, but I hope Benning doesn't trade any picks. I also don't see the need for Reider. 

Baertschi (25) - 13th OA (2011) - 26 pts (12 goals) in 46 games

Domi (23 in two weeks) - 12th OA (2013) - 26 pts (4 goals) in 58 games

Pretty even, Baer has better stats this year, but is 2 years older. 

9 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Domi is youth.. trading picks as long as not in the first round and our youth minus our core assets is well worth it. 

Then why would they move him?they aren’t going to give him away for b or c grade return. 

i like Domi I don’t think it would be in our best interests to give up a 2nd pick and a top prospect for him and don’t think that’s enogh anyway.

The players they would want are the same players we don’t want to give up. 

The only decent youth we have is what we are being told is our future core.

good for jim calling to see what it might cost but I’d bet he threw up in his mouth a bit when he heard the price.

Just now, combover said:

Then why would they move him?they aren’t going to give him away for b or c grade return. 

i like Domi I don’t think it would be in our best interests to give up a 2nd pick and a top prospect for him and don’t think that’s enogh anyway.

The players they would want are the same players we don’t want to give up. 

The only decent youth we have is what we are being told is our future core.

good for jim calling to see what it might cost but I’d bet he threw up in his mouth a bit when he heard the price.

They just gave away Duclair for nothing.

12 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Can anyone give a reason why the price is high? Baer has better numbers than both...

Baer for Domi, straight up. Why would we add anything, why should we be expected to? Because of his last name? Sure Domi has a physical element which Sven lacks, but Domi's a borderline disaster in the dzone.

Domi is 2 years younger and has better offensive output than Baertschi over his career. Just having a down year this year. Plus the physical element as you mentioned.

In my opinion, Domi's value is definitely higher than Bae's right now, but shouldn't be super high.

I'd try to swing something around Hutton + Goldy + later pick. Buy while his value is lower than normal, he's gonna be a solid top 6 impact player.

14 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Sorry ARI, Domi isn't that good for what youre wanting. 4 goals all year lol Baertschi has 3 times as many in 12 less games. I wonder what kind of contract he will want

The coach is making Domi play centre and actual play defensively.  I think Domi is just a winger, and Baer is a fair price. 

3 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

Hutton + some Lower level prospect (one of our later round picks from last couple years). 

Anymore and Canucks should back out. Now is not the time to start overpaying for players, especially forwards. 

Hutton + Cassels?  Is that too much?

42 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Domi has a name, that’s all.  Hutton + Cassels is more than fair.

45 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Guessing one of Granlund or Baertschi, one of Hutton or Gudbranson, and Goldobin plus a pick will be used in this trade.

Anything involving Granlund, Hutton, Goldobin and a pick but not a 1st, some combination but not all, and I'd say go ahead. And yes, the physical element is something we need.

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Domi has a name, that’s all.  Hutton + Cassels is more than fair.

No to Cassels until we see him up with the big club first, and if we don't see him that's a fail on management, he been playing well I hear.

He says "oh, I wouldn't do it, but I see the Canucks doing it."  Well the last thing the Canucks need is another mediocre smallish softish winger in the bottom 9... but they'll do it anyway "cuz Canucks"?  What in the world does this accomplish?  Don't know what happened to Sat, but must have been that experience with Dave Pratt. 

7 minutes ago, aliboy said:

No to Cassels until we see him up with the big club first, and if we don't see him that's a fail on management, he been playing well I hear.

That’s a good point about waiting to see Cassels up here first.  Domi can barely score now he’s playing centre, and defensively.  Maybe Cassels is better?  

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Because he 22 has two 52 point pace seasons and is still under contract. Why wouldn’t a player like that be worth good value. 

baertschi doesn’t add size. Can’t play center, is 25 years old and has a career high of 35 points. 

Archived