The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sabres trade Evander Kane to Sharks for Dan O'Reagan, 2019 conditional 1st-round pick, 2020 4th-round pick

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

It's not too far off.  The thing that pulls it away are the "conditional" parts and the lack of another prospect.  The 2020 4th is funny though.  That's some long term planning... :lol:

Yeah, a first is still a first, worst possible case 31st!  Will have to see the conditions...

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Haha ouch

D'OH!!!

That could be a pick in the 50s.

No doubt future picks have become the trend.  Used to be one year out but now we're seeing them for two years down the road.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

That deal just became worse.  Sad that's the best that any team offered.  It should be a wake-up call for Kane.

Also why I don't think he's going to commandt the $ or term a lot of CDC thinks he will this summer.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Also why I don't think he's going to commandt the $ or term a lot of CDC thinks he will this summer.

I don't think he'll get long term.  He's too risky.  I can see him getting 6-6.5 per year.  That's only a little more than he's getting now.

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say crappy, but it's definitely underwhelming.  Kane should open his eyes now and realize that NHL teams are leery of him.

Playoff teams anyway.

His reputation exists, warranted or not 'nowadays'.

And he's definitely not a gamebreaker anyway. A 'piece' at best, primary first liner he ain't.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

$6.5X3 or $6X4.... 

Agreed.  If I were a GM though, I wouldn't sign him for longer than 3 years.  You don't want to get stuck with too much dead cap space if he does something stupid and you have to cut him in a couple of years.

2 minutes ago, brownky said:

Playoff teams anyway.

His reputation exists, warranted or not 'nowadays'.

And he's definitely not a gamebreaker anyway. A 'piece' at best, primary first liner he ain't.

He's a power forward at a time when power forwards aren't nearly as coveted as they once were.  The game has changed.

7 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I am surprised no one wanted Kane. San Jose just got prob the best player available at the deadline for a 2nd round pick.

Don't forget the super prospect!  :lol:

I just did a quick check on him.  Unless the Sabres try to convert him to a winger, he's going to be in the AHL with Rochester.  The last thing that the Sabres need is another centreman.

Archived