The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, mikeyman109 said:

That was the point of it. This team and fans need to stop blaming the Refs for our woes. Refs miss things against all teams and we get our fair share, we get away with a lot of things also.

Its embarrassing to see our players yelling at the refs every time they fall down. It really does work against you. See the Burrows incident

Mikey, we have a 20 foot bronze statue out front of our rink memorializing the mocking of the Refs from the 1982 SCF.  Do you think that this plays no role in how the refs treat this team?

Dang, the fact that I am looking at the league stats after every game, and hoping.........is this BAD?

Am i a BAD fan?

I will follow the Nucks and cheer them on come hell or high water, as I have done since they entered the NHL, but Wow!!

5 minutes ago, Puckster said:

Dang, the fact that I am looking at the league stats after every game, and hoping.........is this BAD?

Am i a BAD fan?

I will follow the Nucks and cheer them on come hell or high water, as I have done since they entered the NHL, but Wow!!

Nope. If the team has no hope of heading in one direction, the other direction becomes due course.

9 minutes ago, xereau said:

Mikey, we have a 20 foot bronze statue out front of our rink memorializing the mocking of the Refs from the 1982 SCF.  Do you think that this plays no role in how the refs treat this team?

absolutely it does . thats part of the issue , its time to move on and stop whining. we have done it since the canada russia series in 72. Watch the game cheer for our team and stop blaming everyone else for our woes

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Or he could be part of a trade. This isn't an impossible task.

Maybe he's trade-able at the 2020 deadline, but trading him now (considering his contract) might require us attaching an asset we don't want to give up.

Just now, Alflives said:

Maybe he's trade-able at the 2020 deadline, but trading him now (considering his contract) might require us attaching an asset we don't want to give up.

He could also be sent down to the minors or waived. I can't see him being a player that would prevent a young prospect from getting a shot. I don't think this team champions mediocrity to that extent.

6 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

absolutely it does . thats part of the issue , its time to move on and stop whining. we have done it since the canada russia series in 72. Watch the game cheer for our team and stop blaming everyone else for our woes

Time for a new statue or at least get rid of it.

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He could also be sent down to the minors or waived. I can't see him being a player that would prevent a young prospect from getting a shot. I don't think this team champions mediocrity to that extent.

Yes, waiving him for assignment to Utica is an excellent idea.  I think he still earns his full salary, but we would save a lot off the cap too.  Didn't we do that with Higgins?

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

What a bunch of nonsense.

Horvat, Boeser, OJ, Demko, Pettersson, Gaudette, Lind etc, etc, etc...nope...hasn't even started yet. Not one future piece assembled at all :rolleyes:

Short term, 'place holder' UFA's is largely, exactly who we should be targeting right now. Though I'm all for bringing Kane on board if it works out this summer.

How many games have they played with Canucks.... zero; therefore, the rebuild hasn't really started...if these are the names you equate to the rebuild.

Enough of finishing last with the place holders...it's time to give the reigns to Bo and Boeser surround them with the up and coming pieces to start the rebuild....

Short term place holders equal losing environment...exactly opposite to what management is preaching.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes, waiving him for assignment to Utica is an excellent idea.  I think he still earns his full salary, but we would save a lot off the cap too.  Didn't we do that with Higgins?

Higgins was waived and sent to Utica, yes.

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That's him!  Even during the Hawks re-build, which netted them a fabulous core, they missed on some high first rounders.  I think Kane was first and Toews was third, and they got lucky with Seabrook and Keith.  Then, they added Hossa as a UFA, who was amazing for them.  

Don't forget Cam Barker 3rd overall. 

Sedins are mentally checked out.

Jake Virtanen keeps flying and using his hitting prowess, his power rushes will eventually turn into goals, I can't wait till he's 23 ish and his confidence and skill should be fully in sync.

Gudbranson quietly is playing a sound solid game.

Just now, SKYO said:

Sedins are mentally checked out.

Jake Virtanen keeps flying and using his hitting prowess, his power rushes will eventually turn into goals, I can't wait till he's 23 ish and his confidence and skill should be fully in sync.

Gudbranson quietly is playing a sound solid game.

Check, check, and check!

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

How many games have they played with Canucks.... zero; therefore, the rebuild hasn't really started...if these are the names you equate to the rebuild.

Clearly you're correct because this couldn't me more correct if it came right off the Correct-Express train from Correctville. Don't know what I was thinking? Here's a gold star:

golden-star-picture-id498723198?k=6&m=49

A sleepy game. After watching this game, I can go to sleep quite easy.

Next year, don't sign Sedins. If we sign them, we will get another top-5 OA pick.

Gagner is another waste. How to handle it?

Hutton is average but young, the return of trading him should not be too much. How about keep him as back-up?

I like the physical and energy of Archie, Guddy and Jake.  Sutton is not bad. Bo is still the heart of the team.

Just now, aGENT said:

Clearly you're correct because this couldn't me more correct if it came right off the Correct-Express train from Correctville. Don't know what I was thinking? Here's a gold star:

golden-star-picture-id498723198?k=6&m=49

Sorry dude...didn't mean to insult your intelligence...lol

39 minutes ago, xereau said:

I do, but whose fault is it?

The refs because they are thin skinned

or 

the team for putting teh staue there?

Archived