The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MDF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs. (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins | Capitals win series 4-2

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2018 at 07:00 PM

2 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

How in the F*CK is that not a penalty 

Seems as though the league has no stomach to suspend wilson. No suspension last game for a clear hit to the head. No penalty today for a clear hit to the head. Disgusting. I had to switch to watch this game instead of the Winnipeg game because I can no longer stand that old man cherry spouting his crap in the rudest way possible. How is that old fool still on tv??

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Seems as though the league has no stomach to suspend wilson. No suspension last game for a clear hit to the head. No penalty today for a clear hit to the head. Disgusting. I had to switch to watch this game instead of the Winnipeg game because I can no longer stand that old man cherry spouting his crap in the rudest way possible. How is that old fool still on tv??

I think Wilson has run out of "get out of jail free" cards. He will get at least one for that.

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I think Wilson has run out of "get out of jail free" cards. He will get at least one for that.

I hope so. If wilson had been a canuck he would have gotten 2 games for the hit last game and 5 for this game lol. Pens Oleksiak needs to go after kuznetsov as hard as he can.

11 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Need to borrow some glasses?

Just becuase head is hit after going full through the hit, doesnt make it targeted.  His bicep is what made contact.

Not a dirty elbow.

Just now, JV77 said:

Just becuase head is hit after going full through the hut, doesnt make it targeted.  His bicep is what made contact.

Not a dirty elbow.

He left his feet and definitely looks like the head got most of the contact.

Just now, King Heffy said:

He left his feet and definitely looks like the head got most of the contact.

That is definitely what I thought, but then my feed seemed to purposefully avoid showing this. Just the way he lead with his shoulder so far in front made it seem that the only way this was possible was if he leaped forward.

2 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Just becuase head is hit after going full through the hit, doesnt make it targeted.  His bicep is what made contact.

Not a dirty elbow.

Look at how the head moves relative to the rest of the body

Not quite sure whats with the uneven reffing this game. Penguins have been jabbing sticks into Capitals ribs the entire game so one hit from Wilson going unpenalized is fair. The hit on Kempny was much more dangerous than the one on Aston-Reese tbh and the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty call was just bizarre.

5 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Look at how the head moves relative to the rest of the body

If it was direct head shot, he would be off on a stretcher.  His bicep hit his face going full through the hit.  Wilson was higher and the other guy was leaning away to avoid the hit which made him lower.

This is what I see.  On a lot of hits, head is hit with shoulder/bicep/forearm.  But not always initial point of contact.

Archived