The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MDF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs. (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins | Capitals win series 4-2

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2018 at 07:00 PM

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to MDF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs. (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins | Series tied 1-1
1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Looks like 

Wilson caught Dumoulin in the chops with his shoulder.  It really snapped Dumoulin’s head.  Head was definitely the first point of contact.  Suspension coming?

It's not 1st point of contact but main point of contact.  They look at how the head moves vs the rest of the body.

They've put together an explanatory video with 4 examples from the playoffs - Doughty and Hartman and Kucherov on Vatanen and Johansen on Barrie.  

Link to their video:  https://www.nhl.com/video/the-nhl-dops-explains-rule-48/t-277440360/c-60017103

20 hours ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

I am a big fan of Patric Hornqvisk.  A 7th round pick who picks up his game in the big games.  He will stick his nose in the tough areas. Scores and hustles. 

A very good supporting character in the Sidney Cosby big show.

I hate him, just like other teams' fans hated Burrows.  Nasty guy you hate to play against, but also has the skills to earn a real spot out there.

Seem to remember him messing up Henrik, back when he was with the Preds, so I don't hesitate to curse in his direction :) 

Can't believe he is listed at 5'11, under 190.  Plays bigger than that, as I recall.

On 2018-04-30 at 1:06 PM, Kragar said:

I hate him, just like other teams' fans hated Burrows.  Nasty guy you hate to play against, but also has the skills to earn a real spot out there.

Seem to remember him messing up Henrik, back when he was with the Preds, so I don't hesitate to curse in his direction :) 

Can't believe he is listed at 5'11, under 190.  Plays bigger than that, as I recall.

Wow seriously, I would’ve guessed like 6’1, 225

10 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

John Carlson with another clap bomb ripper.  Now 9 PP points out of 10 in 9 games.  Tied for 2nd in team scoring, one behind Ovechkin.

If only the Canucks had something of that ilk...

How did Carlson do on that 2nd Pens goal?

Archived