The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Girlfriend of man (now ex girlfriend) destroys his chances at music school by email hacking and identity duplication (theft).

canuckster19

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/music-student-must-pay-for-sabotaging-boyfriends-clarinet-career

I don't want to say identity theft outright because I don't think this constitutes that, but man what giant see you. She's not even with him anymore.

Is there any way for him to collect the judge's ruling? I read a rumour on another webpage where they're trying to sleuth her out and supposedly she's married, and from what I understand if that's true her husband is on the hook as well. LOL what a mess.

She didn't hack anything. She shared his laptop and knew all his passwords and simply saw his email before he did and deleted it. Made up a couple of new email addresses to reply to the prof and to make him think the prof emailed him.

Let that be a lesson to guys who decide to move in with a girl after a few dates. 

7 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

She didn't hack anything. She shared his laptop and knew all his passwords and simply saw his email before he did and deleted it. Made up a couple of new email addresses to reply to the prof and to make him think the prof emailed him.

Let that be a lesson to guys who decide to move in with a girl after a few dates. 

Didn't read the article but if it is how you described calling that hacking is one of my biggest pet peeves. 

20 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

I feel for the guy, but a top instructor at a prestigious music school at a major university using a Gmail account wasn’t at all weird to him?

The Gmail platform is likely superior to whatever the school is using (probably Windows Outlook). And being more mobile and more secure than any server email, I find Gmail to be an obvious alternative.

Archived