The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Paul Coffey,

Phil Housley,

Bryan Leetch,

Heck even another Ryan Ellis but  on a much faster development time line. 

He adds bit of size he wouldn’t be that much smaller than Erik Karlsson atm.  Probably already plays better defence, may be at least equal in skating. His playmaking and offensive game is looking to be similar in ceiling. 

If he can develop a legit shot. OMG he could be freaking great. 

I'm willing to bet he will be... 

woohoo!

9 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Paul Coffey,

Phil Housley,

Bryan Leetch,

Heck even another Ryan Ellis but  on a much faster development time line. 

He adds bit of size he wouldn’t be that much smaller than Erik Karlsson atm.  Probably already plays better defence, may be at least equal in skating. His playmaking and offensive game is looking to be similar in ceiling. 

If he can develop a legit shot. OMG he could be freaking great. 

I think you need to curb your expectations slightly... This is how good young players lose confidence, when fans berate them after they don't live up to the unreal expectations.

Quinn Hughes is not the next Erik Karlsson. His level of defending is nowhere near Karlsson. Skating, I can agree with. As far as his ceiling goes, yea, he could get there, but he's no where close. I am so excited for Quinn Hughes, but don't expect the next Karlsson out of him, it would be nice, but that's not the bar to hold him at.

Edited by 5Fivehole0
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

I think you need to curb your expectations slightly... This is how good young players lose confidence, when fans berate them after they don't live up to the unreal expectations.

Quinn Hughes is not the next Erik Karlsson. His level of defending is nowhere near Karlsson. Skating, I can agree with. As far as his ceiling goes, yea, he could get there, but he's no where close. I am so excited for Quinn Hughes, but don't expect the next Karlsson out of him, it would be nice, but that's not the bar to hold him at.

Having high expectations doesn't mean you have to berate a player when they don't live up to those expectations...

It isn't the people pumping there tires that are the problem ...it is more the people who say things like "temper your expectations" to other people and then go and berate the player when they don't live up to "other peoples expectations" ...if we all go the other way an call a prospect a dud before he gets a shot...is that better?

The prospect will lose confidence even before he gets a chance...

Filling prospects with confidence is not a bad thing ...tearing them down with criticism after a rough patch is....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Whoa, I wonder what made him  make that choice.

“I just felt like the NTDP was the best spot for my development,” Hughes said via Mike G. Morreale of NHL.com. “I love my teammates, my coaches, the resources and love being able to put on the USA jersey. I tell everyone no one trains as hard as us at the NTDP. We’re working out in-season, skating four times a week, and playing games on top of that.”

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Remember too, coach is from Vancouver and an admitted Canucks fan who's fully vested in developing Lockwood and Hughes for us.

B)

:lol: Our very own inside man!

I didn’t realize Pearson was born in Vancouver the year Mel Sr. played for the old WHL Canucks.

EDIT: Mel Pearson is a heck of a coach though. Any time our prospects spend is his program is time well spent, regardless of whether or not he’s a secret agent for the Canucks. ;) 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1