The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

On 8/20/2018 at 9:52 AM, vannuck59 said:

Who gives a rats ass if you can spell, Childish is the only word that comes to mind . Spelling does not make you a lesser person or your input to the post or blog less valuable.

Anyone who points out bad grammar spelling or poor structural content. Is a cyber bully or very insecure.  

Dam strait vanna.   Dam strait.   

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Recent tweet showing EK not wanting to sign an extension with a Canadian team. Thank goodness. Hughes is gonna be unreal some day. I am the patient type but have never been this excited for one of our prospects. 

EK is greedy and wants lots of American cash. Let Dorion fleece some other team.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Maybe, and how'd that work out for Kessler lol

And for Anaheim?  Injuries, combined with age, might mean EK is soon headed to a serious decline in his skating, just like Kessler.  If EK slows, like Kessler, he’s going to be not even close to the player he was, just like Kessler.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

All players are paid in American funds. Regardless of where the team is located. 

Yes, but he's still greedy lol

Just as EK is beginning to decline, and still without a Cup - just like Kesler, Hughes will be emerging as one of the best offensive Dmen in the league. I guess if anything, OTT may get a nice haul in a trade, and that should help them rebuild quicker. Will be nice to see all of the Canadian teams eventually do well. 

53 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

EK is greedy and wants lots of American cash. Let Dorion fleece some other team.  

Yeah just like we got “fleeced” for Burrows, gosh darn it.

Edit: Oh and not to mention the Duchene trade, like dog diggy damn that GM is solid

Edited by Dats hockey

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And for Anaheim?  Injuries, combined with age, might mean EK is soon headed to a serious decline in his skating, just like Kessler.  If EK slows, like Kessler, he’s going to be not even close to the player he was, just like Kessler.  

Please dear lord let the spelling teachers stay out of this thread.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Or...perhaps he and his wife are tired of living in a fishbowl that is Canadian NHL sports?  After having their personal lives dragged through the mud over the past year, they may be looking for a landing spot that gives them some welcome privacy and peace and quiet to live their lives?  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Maybe, and how'd that work out for Kessler lol

Actually I'd say it worked out great for him.  He got the dollars, term, NMC/MNTC and anonymity he was seeking, and he can still spew out ignorant tweets embarrassing himself with the US media not really giving a rat's behind about it lol.  As for injury/not winning a cup - those were never guaranteed in Ana or anywhere else. 

I hope a lot of Michigan games will be on TV this year, though I highly doubt it.  I don't have the Big 10 network anymore so I'll have to rely on the odd college game on tsn5. 

4 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Actually I'd say it worked out great for him.  He got the dollars, term, NMC/MNTC and anonymity he was seeking, and he can still spew out ignorant tweets embarrassing himself with the US media not really giving a rat's behind about it lol.  As for injury/not winning a cup - those were never guaranteed in Ana or anywhere else. 

Worked out great for us because we don't have to deal with that prick anymore and we'll never see him hoist the cup. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Is wanting to be paid market value greedy? He's a great player, and he still has some good productive years ahead of him. He's talented enough that he can put a slightly above average team in the conversation for the Stanley Cup.

6 hours ago, elvis15 said:

v1.bTsxMTg1NTk5NTtqOzE3Nzc3OzEyMDA7MTUzN

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_neverending_story_1984/

Yeah, I know, most of you weren't even born yet when it came out. All the movies you young kids haven't seen, like Dark Crystal, Legend, Labyrinth, etc...

Labyrinth is one that's been on my list for quite a while, I just never got around to watch it. One of these days... ^_^

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, elvis15 said:

v1.bTsxMTg1NTk5NTtqOzE3Nzc3OzEyMDA7MTUzN

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_neverending_story_1984/

Yeah, I know, most of you weren't even born yet when it came out. All the movies you young kids haven't seen, like Dark Crystal, Legend, Labyrinth, etc...

Watching that movie now is like 'man how did I think all that was actually real when I was a kid.'  Those effects look so budget now a days.  That being said it must be unreal being a kid now and watching CGI do it's thing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canucklehead44 said:

With Karlsson, Duchene and Stone coming up as UFAs the Sens could rebuild VERY fast and effectively by trading all 3 at the deadline.

They will be in the cellar for years and years. Even picks for those players will not likely be top five picks. Even top ten. They have no first this year. About to lose a franchise Norris dman. Unless they have some incredible, incredible luck drafting they are toast. 

• Upvote 1