The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

1 hour ago, Isam said:

Conor mcmichael out of london is definitely a name people should look out for. Been watching him for a bit and am impressed. Would like a low first rounder just to grab him becausehe is way underrated. Plus the name alone.

I was thinking there's no way there's someone with that name and maybe it was a nickname. Turns out I was wrong.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Tell him to scout the guy that can dangle in a phone booth. Buzzing all four walls and the ceiling as well as the floor. Guys cannot keep up with Hughes. Open ice or tight quarters. And has vision, a sixth sense about making plays others don't see. Scouting is about skills.

Not a spread sheet.

Saw a bit more of Dylan Cozens and I'm getting the sense he's like a more refined Jake Virtanen of this season. Big and has speed, likes to rush up the wing and make a play. If he has space he'll cut in and try a shot but sometimes drives in and loses the puck to a defender. He'll definitely cause defenders trouble and give space to the rest of the team with his speed.

On 12/11/2018 at 3:16 PM, R3aL said:

What have you watched to build this opinion? 

Have you ever watched him play a full game? 

Just wait till world jrs.. you will see

I did, I realize that he is a very good skater but his ability to pass the puck and shoot is pretty average tbh. Maybe he will change my mind in WJC but he would have to improve a lot.

On 12/12/2018 at 10:49 AM, RetroCanuck said:

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-kakko-hughes-set-for-world-junior-clash-1.1225187

Victor Soderstrom, Moritz Seider, Kaedan Korczak, Lassi Thomson, Hugo Has 

All Right shot defensemen ranked around our 2nd round pick.

He’s not very high on Turcotte and Honka like most mocks. I’m starting to like Brett Leason at our 2nd if he’s there. Here’s hoping Benning can add more picks!

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:16 AM, RetroCanuck said:

I mean it all depends on where you end up on the draft list but this year Id be willing to trade down for a D if need be.

Not sure about his skating but maybe target a guy like Logan Barlage.

From my mum's hometown. But Im not familiar with him,

Pierre McGuire says that people need lower their expectations of what they think Jack Hughes is going to be, putting him more in the Nico Hischier bracket than the Nathan MacKinnon and Auston Matthews bracket.

"He's not MacKinnon, he's not McDavid, he's not Matthews, I think it's a reach to call him a generational player, a big reach."

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Pierre McGuire says that people need lower their expectations of what they think Jack Hughes is going to be, putting him more in the Nico Hischier bracket than the Nathan MacKinnon and Auston Matthews bracket.

"He's not MacKinnon, he's not McDavid, he's not Matthews, I think it's a reach to call him a generational player, a big reach."

I think it was the Patty Kane comparisons that started the hype train. I see him as more of a winger at the NHL level anyway. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2018 at 3:29 PM, Horvat is a Boss said:

59 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Numerous people have questioned whether he'll be a center in the NHL.  I've kind of been on the Kakko train for a while myself.  What this 17 year old is doing on TPS is crazy

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Another reason I'd trade down whatever the pick is and get a defenseman.  Canucks needs defenseman badly. 

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Numerous people have questioned whether he'll be a center in the NHL.  I've kind of been on the Kakko train for a while myself.  What this 17 year old is doing on TPS is crazy

His numbers are going to be inflated due to playing with Palmu for the rest of the year though. 

B)

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Another reason I'd trade down whatever the pick is and get a defenseman.  Canucks needs defenseman badly. 

Canucks win 1st overall for the first time ever, trade down to 3rd or 4th net a huge return and all toronto sports can talk about is how vancouver let go of the greatest player ever and what this means for Quinn when his contract is up.  For 15 seconds.  Then a 4 hour segment on what kind of bagel Matthews had that morning

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

Then a 4 hour segment on what kind of bagel Matthews had that morning

He looks like cheese bagel kind of guy and I could see how that would clash with Babcock's traditional bagel stance. 

Ha, I doubt the Nucks would trade that 1st overall pick but it would be something I would consider depending on the return.  They really need to address the D though.

22 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

We have Quinn Hughes on the team. If we luckily get 1rst overall you draft his brother.

If Jack Hughes' stock drops and teams ahead of the Canucks pick Kakko, then I think this makes sense.  If the Canucks win the lottery and get the 1st overall, then there are some hard decisions to make if Jack Hughes' is not a clear #1.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

If Jack Hughes' stock drops and teams ahead of the Canucks pick Kakko, then I think this makes sense.  If the Canucks win the lottery and get the 1st overall, then there are some hard decisions to make if Jack Hughes' is not a clear #1.

Drafting Jack Hughes gives us three superstar centers.  The kid is a special player, just like his brother.  They both bleed hockey, and will do anything to win.  Having the two boys would be fantastic!