The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Suspect Charged in 13 Year Old Girl's (Marrisa Shen) Murder

DonLever

22 minutes ago, Toews said:

Not all prisons are created equal. I am guessing minimum security prisons have more amenities for inmates while maximum security have less. Although I am curious how the extra security affects the cost of maximum security prisons. Regardless this man needs to spend the next 15-20 years in prison and then have his PR status revoked and eventually deported. Don't let him walk, that isn't justice for this little girl's family.

Oh this was just the average.  I was reading the costs and it essentially costs between like $150-350/day to house inmates depending on where they are on the security ladder.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Oh this was just the average.  I was reading the costs and it essentially costs between like $150-350/day to house inmates depending on where they are on the security ladder.

The criminals get their place, and we pay for it.  The elderly, who need care home placement (after being hard working and good citizens) don’t get any help.  That seems fair.  

Ship this murderer out of our country, and attach five other lifers to him.  

14 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Uh, what?   I am just saying posting jokes about wrestlers when a 13 year old girl was murdered isn't class man.   This has nothing to do with Syrian anything....I will let the rest of the typical suspects go back and forth and ping pong on that one - I was simply saying, kid is dead and on the first page someone is cracking jokes.   I just didn't think it was cool.   

Sh*t day on a couple of fronts (health news on one friend and career news on another) so perhaps a bit touchy today.    

I’m sorry to hear that! I hope both of them manage to land on their feet.

To be clear though, my comment wasn’t “ha-ha, here’s wrestling”. I was pointing out the inherent foolishness of taking a complex tragedy and trying to boil it down to All Syrians = Child Killers while using a Syrian-Canadian entertainer and phrasing it in such a way that I would get the guys attention; then hopefully disappoint him when he found out I was saying what he said was dumb.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The criminals get their place, and we pay for it.  The elderly, who need care home placement (after being hard working and good citizens) don’t get any help.  That seems fair.  

Prison is not a place you want to be Alf. My 12th grade law teacher was speaking of his experience visiting a maximum security prison. Its a &^@#ed up place and you are surrounded by &^@#ed up people. They had to put plastic covers to protect visitors from having feces thrown at them. 

So this guy was in Canada for 3 months before murdering someone.

Probably not his first time either, who knows what he was doing over there during the war.

As far as vetting goes, majority of Syrian refugees are those who are against Assad.

Chances of him cooperating with countries that are trying to remove, him are slim to none.

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Well I'm just happy they caught the sick &^@# that murdered a child with her whole beautiful life ahead of her. 

Yes, it's expensive to house inmates, but it's worth it if sickos like that guy are butt raped regularly and have to suffer for years for their crime.

I agree Lucky.  This guy is the worst of scum.  (If he is guilty, of course). I’d rather save the money, and just have him executed.  Just do it quick, and cheap.  Don’t waste money on these guys.  

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Well I'm just happy they caught the sick &^@# that murdered a child with her whole beautiful life ahead of her. 

Yes, it's expensive to house inmates, but it's worth it if sickos like that guy are butt raped regularly and have to suffer for years for their crime.

He will be in the protective custody, nothing will happen to him.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree Lucky.  This guy is the worst of scum.  (If he is guilty, of course). I’d rather save the money, and just have him executed.  Just do it quick, and cheap.  Don’t waste money on these guys.  

What if hell and external suffering isn't real, Alf? The creep needs to suffer

I'm vengeful though. 

Just now, CBH1926 said:

So this guy was in Canada for 3 months before murdering someone.

Probably not his first time either, who knows what he was doing over there during the war.

As far as vetting goes, majority of Syrian refugees are those who are against Assad.

Chances of him cooperating with countries that are trying to remove, him are slim to none.

The guy is a sicko.  I don’t think it matters where he’s from.  We have lots of sickos, who were born and raised here.  This sicko immigrated here, but there are a great many good people who come here too.  I’m okay with immigration.  I’m not okay with sickos going to live in prison, when a bullet could be used, and is cheap.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

The guy is a sicko.  I don’t think it matters where he’s from.  We have lots of sickos, who were born and raised here.  This sicko immigrated here, but there are a great many good people who come here too.  I’m okay with immigration.  I’m not okay with sickos going to live in prison, when a bullet could be used, and is cheap.

Or let the victims family " talk " to him for a few hours.........  then send back to Syria what is left of him...... in box . or  maybe a few small boxes if that saves on postage...../ shipping...

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

He will be in the protective custody, nothing will happen to him.

Well that totally sucks. And you're right though, he'll be in pc for sure.

Stupid cruel and unusual punishment constitutional whatevers shouldn't apply to murderers and pedophiles.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hi Vengeful; I’m Cheap.

Maybe we both could be satisfied if he’s killed slowly, but in a cheap way?  

Any ideas? 

Some muslim country's still do stonings....    we have plenty of rocks here in  the lower mainland.... so that would be cheap.....  

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

11 minutes ago, Toews said:

Prison is not a place you want to be Alf. My 12th grade law teacher was speaking of his experience visiting a maximum security prison. Its a &^@#ed up place and you are surrounded by &^@#ed up people. They had to put plastic covers to protect visitors from having feces thrown at them. 

Grandfather of one of my coworkers, is incarcerated at ADX in Florence Colorado.

Supermax prison housing the worst of the worst, isolation 23 hours a day.

Terrorist, cartel guys, mafia figures etc.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There is no death penalty in Canada so he will be be locked up for a long time.

Also all the talk about prison justice, I did a research while back, number of killed inmates in Canada is almost zero.

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Well that totally sucks. And you're right though, he'll be in pc for sure.

Stupid cruel and unusual punishment constitutional whatevers shouldn't apply to murderers and pedophiles.

Aussies did this piece on recently executed man.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/witness-reveals-child-murderer-billy-ray-irick-tortured-to-death-by-lethal-injection/news-story/5c57a062baf726a640847a0cb93c0d25

Archived