The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Suspect Charged in 13 Year Old Girl's (Marrisa Shen) Murder

DonLever

11 hours ago, luckylager said:

Well I'm just happy they caught the sick &^@# that murdered a child with her whole beautiful life ahead of her. 

Yes, it's expensive to house inmates, but it's worth it if sickos like that guy are butt raped regularly and have to suffer for years for their crime.

The Malachi Crunch by NoFX comes to mind. 

12 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Should not be a concern for a person convicted of a violent offense...

Who cares what happens to him if he is sent home ?

part of it is sometimes when these p.o.s's get sent back home they just buy their way out of jail or worse just get set free if the person at the airport doesn't care what they did here. So the gov't wants to make sure that some justice is served here and then send them back. 

12 hours ago, Heretic said:

Like all white cops are black oppressors - amirite?

All Mexicans are victims of being labelled as rapists too, if you want to keep up with the ID politics of division victimhood game’s go-to-moves. 

Should be a thread dedicated to the diversion techniques used on the easily distracted masses. Oh wait, we have a Trump thread here already full of examples of this. 

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

All Mexicans are victims of being labelled as rapists too, if you want to keep up with the ID politics of division victimhood game’s go-to-moves. 

Should be a thread dedicated to the diversion techniques used on the easily distracted masses. Oh wait, we have a Trump thread here already full of examples of this. 

Exactly.  I was giving Herr a lesson in generalization/stereotyping - but I'm done now.  

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Incorrect. All Mexican immigrants to the US is the accurate descriptor and they were labelled as rapists, (and drug dealers) by the orange clown in the WH.

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Incorrect. All Mexican immigrants to the US is the accurate descriptor and they were labelled as rapists, (and drug dealers) by the orange clown in the WH.

I'm sure some of them are very fine people...

"They're sending people that have a lot of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people." - Trump

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

The criminals get their place, and we pay for it.  The elderly, who need care home placement (after being hard working and good citizens) don’t get any help.  That seems fair.  

Ship this murderer out of our country, and attach five other lifers to him.  

Oh yea, there are so many things that make no sense to me.  Quality citizens who have worked forever have a hell of a time surviving at times while criminals get quality food (friend who works there said the food is actually pretty damn good), roof over your head, etc. end up in almost better living conditions.

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

part of it is sometimes when these p.o.s's get sent back home they just buy their way out of jail or worse just get set free if the person at the airport doesn't care what they did here. So the gov't wants to make sure that some justice is served here and then send them back. 

That makes sense....  thx

32 minutes ago, Russ said:

Oh yea, there are so many things that make no sense to me.  Quality citizens who have worked forever have a hell of a time surviving at times while criminals get quality food (friend who works there said the food is actually pretty damn good), roof over your head, etc. end up in almost better living conditions.

Yup more and more seniors are now homeless sleeping rough......  due to the housing crisis in BC.

Yet these POS get cable and video games with a chef preparing their meals...... 

Reducing subsidized residential care home beds for elderly in BC.... to save money....  - sickening... 

Sickening what is happening to seniors in our province.../ country. 

16 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yup more and more seniors are now homeless sleeping rough......  due to the housing crisis in BC.

Yet these POS get cable and video games with a chef preparing their meals...... 

Reducing subsidized residential care home beds for elderly in BC.... to save money....  - sickening... 

Sickening what is happening to seniors in our province.../ country. 

Agreed, don't want to derail this thread but I saw this morn that the allowed rent increase this year is 4.5%. That;s a tough pill to swallow given how expensive everything already is.

B.C. renters set to face biggest rent increase since 2004

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/british-columbia-rent-increase-2019-1.4815785

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Agreed, don't want to derail this thread but I saw this morn that the allowed rent increase this year is 4.5%. That;s a tough pill to swallow given how expensive everything already is.

B.C. renters set to face biggest rent increase since 2004

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/british-columbia-rent-increase-2019-1.4815785

I will not be upping my rent and haven’t after a year.  Great tenant.  Has home pride.  The crisis is real.

13 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

yup. If you live in this province, more so as a younger person, there is no real future. Especially if you get murdered by a Syrian refugee. 

This is bull$&!#.  Are you throwing in the towel?

it takes guts, integrity, and work ethic.  If you have an education that is applicable you are another step ahead.

put your head down and grind.  

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

This is bull$&!#.  Are you throwing in the towel?

it takes guts, integrity, and work ethic.  If you have an education that is applicable you are another step ahead.

put your head down and grind.  

Just look at the bigger and most crucial expense there is: over 700 grand for a house in most places in this province. "you don't need a house; live within your means." Ok, but you don't get ahead overpaying for a postage stamp sized apartment size at 350k. People are flocking to Alberta every single day because of this; which isn't really a solution either. Unless there is a serious correction, up and comers are &^@#ed before they ever had a chance.

11 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Just look at the bigger and most crucial expense there is: over 700 grand for a house in most places in this province. "you don't need a house; live within your means." Ok, but you don't get ahead overpaying for a postage stamp sized apartment size at 350k. People are flocking to Alberta every single day because of this; which isn't really a solution either. Unless there is a serious correction, up and comers are &^@#ed before they ever had a chance.

False

People need to open their minds and be realistic.  I’m not saying there isn’t an inflated market.  I grew up in north van and was priced out along time ago.  Ironically I wouldn’t live there now if I had the money.

but there are many places offering reasonable prices and lifestyles outside of the gvrd/lower mainland/valley

Archived