The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Oilers @ Canucks - Sept 18 2018 7:30pm Pre-Season Game #1

xereau

4 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Gonna be interesting to see how the bottom 6 unfolds. 

Not much of a mystery either IMO.

___, Horvat, Boeser

Baer, Pettersson, ____

Roussel, Sutter, ____

Schaller, Beagle, ____

Spares:

____, ____

If you go with something resembling @Jimmy McGill's top 6 (which is likely close IMO), that doesn't leave a ton of options...

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Not much of a mystery either IMO.

___, Horvat, Boeser

Baer, Pettersson, ____

Roussel, Sutter, ____

Schaller, Beagle, ____

Spares:

____, ____

If you go with something resembling @Jimmy McGill's top 6 (which is likely close IMO), that doesn't leave a ton of options...

imo the best option for Gaudette is to be on that line with Roussel and Sutter. AG can learn to take faceoffs in more sheltered opportunities and that line should get some scoring chances too. 

2 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

...and an almost palpable sense that this is the year 2 or 3 vets get moved for high picks has me excited for the first preason game in a long time.

That might be optimistic. I fully expect the likes of MDZ, Gagner, Nilsson, one of Hutton/Pouliot maybe Granlund to be shopped before/at the TDL but most of those guys don't likely return 'high picks'.

Edler could, but he'd also have to waive his NTC which is far from a given. In an ideal world, he gets moved for futures and re-signs in the summer but people need to accept that he may just re-sign as the most likely outcome...

Tanev's not likely moved until NEXT TDL and Sutter then or more likely, the year following.

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

JPat is that you? ;)

My goodness, Patterson lost his pacifier. When did he think his biased and useless opinion mattered?

Green has every right to keep the roster decisions to himself and the team until he's good and ready to share it. This little turd was upset because he wasn't able to tweet or blog about it, and therefore lost out on numerous clicks.

Eat (expletive deleted), Patterson. Everyone knows you're full of it already.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

imo the best option for Gaudette is to be on that line with Roussel and Sutter. AG can learn to take faceoffs in more sheltered opportunities and that line should get some scoring chances too. 

Given your top 6, I have trouble seeing Gaudette on the Canucks withouts some trades/injuries...

30 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Hmmm  - very interesting .......

Haven't seen a single "Let the tank begin" post yet. -  can a new spirit of optimism have taken root??

It’s not tanking when your teams not good enough.

Canucks just aren’t good enough this season. So unfortunately let the losing begin.

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

My goodness, Patterson lost his pacifier. When did he think his biased and useless opinion mattered?

Green has every right to keep the roster decisions to himself and the team until he's good and ready to share it. This little turd was upset because he wasn't able to tweet or blog about it, and therefore lost out on numerous clicks.

Eat (expletive deleted), Patterson. Everyone knows you're full of it already.

Exactly, he's just mad because they have nothing to write or talk about Lol. They want new material and the coach isn't giving him any. :)

Archived