The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Oilers @ Canucks - Sept 18 2018 7:30pm Pre-Season Game #1

xereau

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PREGAME | Elias Pettersson

"...adjustments to playing the middle, being smart enough and crafty enough in face-offs, do you find that a challenge?"

"I'm working on it, and it's not a big thing to learn."

Love it.  None of their attempts to undermine or pull down this kid phases him one bit.  He simply states the facts with his underlying confidence, having zero doubt of his abilities.  "Will you play tomorrow?  I know I'm playing tonight" -- he's already excellent at handling the media.

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

"...adjustments to playing the middle, being smart enough and crafty enough in face-offs, do you find that a challenge?"

"I'm working on it, and it's not a big thing to learn."

Love it.  None of their attempts to undermine or pull down this kid phases him one bit.  He simply states the facts with his underlying confidence, having zero doubt of his abilities.  "Will you play tomorrow?  I know I'm playing tonight" -- he's already excellent at handling the media.

It is great to see and hear. It looks as if the team, from the top down, is taking a more removed approach with the media this year. Green is setting a great example for his team on how to handle incessantly stupid questions from local hacks.

27 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It is great to see and hear. It looks as if the team, from the top down, is taking a more removed approach with the media this year. Green is setting a great example for his team on how to handle incessantly stupid questions from local hacks.

yup its nice to see the leadership group make an impact in the team's attitude. I like that EP doesn't take bs from our media, they won't know what to do with him :P

I'm quite hyped for this game, excited to see how petterson / goldy / dahlen do on our side but also intrigued on Yamamoto and Benson line is going to do the oilers. Both players I was sad that oilers took because I wanted them on our prospect depth.

akin to when Barzal got tooken 16th by NYI I wanted canucks to trade into that pick or into one of the 3 boston picks to draft him.

the jury is still out on Zachary Senyshyn but taking him 15th OA seems a little foolish seeing that the next 3 picks were Barzal, Connor, Chabot :P

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

LE has had the most success playing cleanup on a line with a solid 2way C...

@shayster007 Note where Baer's still playing B)

Also happy to see Dahlen on Horvat's LW. I know people are enamored with the EP/JD 'previous chemistry' thing but I think he suits playing with Horvat even better long term.

Maybe we can have both, if he ends up getting power play minutes.

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

LE has had the most success playing cleanup on a line with a solid 2way C...

@shayster007 Note where Baer's still playing B)

Also happy to see Dahlen on Horvat's LW. I know people are enamored with the EP/JD 'previous chemistry' thing but I think he suits playing with Horvat even better long term.

I believe Bo said LE was the guy, along with baer, that he would choose to play with didn't he?

51 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Travis has turned to full-on punk mode with the media.  Not aggressive like Torts, but literally laughing at their questions.  Took Kuzma to school on at least a couple of occasions; poor feller must have left with his tail between his legs.

watches Joe Strummer clips before media scrums.

1 hour ago, xereau said:

NHL allowed them this season.  Both ends of the rink  giphy.gif

What about them floating virtual ads you only see on TV behind them net? I suppose they're still doing them too?

I hate them soo much. I want to see the fans behind the glass... and I wonder if they will ever do the whole rink? 'insert another pukey emoto'

Archived