The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Dec. 09, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

"Whenever a goal scorer gets a lucky bounce goal, you're hoping it's the start of something good. Our two young guys were going today. It's good to see Brock get back on track... We're trying to make them believe. When you get results, it helps to go with how hard they're working. I think to a man our group is competing pretty hard. For us to win hockey games, we have to be in it emotionally, physically, and we've gotta be engaged." - Green

3 minutes ago, springer said:

Interesting stat...

Plus/Miinus leader: Stetcher +11

The end of that interview with EP was a hoot! "It's not easy to put up 5 points." EP answers - "No." He has one seriously dry sense of humor! 

Great game!

I almost half expect that, as time goes on, he'll swat reporters out of his way and just leave the room.

"What the hell did he just ask me?"

He's got confidence  but it is well earned and very matter of fact.  Love this kid.  He is amazing.

17 minutes ago, rekker said:

I was done a few years back with his hack job on Burrows. He's a smart ass, know it all, Albertan homer. Honestly, if I met him in public I would call him out on his unproffesional gut job on Burrows.

the closest he gets to Vancouver now is Chilliwack. He's a knob. 

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"He's a bigger body, he can hang onto a puck down low. It's a great opportunity for him. We're looking for him to put an honest effort in and provide what he can." - Green on Leivo with Pettersson and Boeser

Leivo has been great fit with those two. Every player brings different element to the line. 

Similarly, Goldy has looked a lot better playing with Horvat and JV.

"Said it a few times, he's got the makings of a real special player. Tonight was one of those nights where like a lot of good players they can do it almost quietly. He subtly made some real good passes, he's got a shooter on his line now. He's a smart player. Even when we had the lead, I liked Petey's game. He wasn't trying to push, wasn't trying to press for more points and when you do that good things happen." - Green on Pettersson

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I almost half expect that, as time goes on, he'll swat reporters out of his way and just leave the room.

"What the hell did he just ask me?"

He's got confidence  but it is well earned and very matter of fact.  Love this kid.  He is amazing.

Lot of the times, they are not even asking questions.

"It's hard to get 5 points in the NHL." That's a statement, not a question. How should anyone respond to that? These media members aren't really reporters in the traditional sense, at least they don't look like they received proper training to be reporters. 

13 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

"It isn't easy to put up 5 point nights"

Reaction = priceless.

"Well of course not, you doornail.  But I work my butt off"

Some questions by these so called 'seasoned' sports reporters.  Cringeworthy.

What do you expect him to answer? "Yeah...geez...now that I think about it...how the heck did I do that?!"

Archived