The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Dec. 09, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

Some questions by these so called 'seasoned' sports reporters.  Cringeworthy.

What do you expect him to answer? "Yeah...geez...now that I think about it...how the heck did I do that?!"

It isn't easy to think up 5 words that form a reasonable question.

With almost all the injuries back and up to speed, we are seeing how good this team can be.

I thought the key to this win was the play of Jakob Markstrom in the first period.

St Louis came out on fire, and the Canucks were basically trapped in their zone for the first 5 minutes.

If Markstrom had not been on top of his game, it could easily have been 2-0 and the Canucks would have been the team back on their heels.

A game where Brock Boeser basically had all the bad luck he's been having in the last 20 games come back and all fall in his favour.... lucky bounces on two goals.... the 2nd one was a classic snipe.

Masterful performance by Elias Pettersson, he could have had another 3 points with the setups he was delivering.  I had to laugh at the St Louis announcer who didn't know how to pronounce his name... he will learn, he'll be doing a lot of announcements with EP40's name in them over the next 15 years.  ;)

What can you say about Bo.... continues to roll... consistency is this guy's forte.... he just keeps on putting up the points and playing his 200 ft game.

The 3rd defensive pairing still continues to have problems in their zone... but I think in many ways Pouliot is better than Del Zotto.  But best to keep rotating them in and out and keep them hungry.  Obviously the current 5-6-7 are not the future of the Canucks... they will likely need to be replaced, preferably with Tryamkin-Hughes and Broberg.

When the Canucks play this good, and the big guns are firing on all cylinders the game is almost boring... but I'm guessing nobody is complaining.  B)

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

DuAtRXXX4AAVBeK.png:large

Woah. I had to look that Stastny brothers stat up.  Not a typo.  They each got eight points in one game for the Nordiques. And the game two days earlier? Each had a hat trick against the hapless Vancouver Canucks.

https://www.nhl.com/news/brothers-peter-anton-stastny-enjoy-record-breaking-night/c-286967030

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

Yup and more to come!

2019 -2020 Q. Hughes, Joulevi and J. Hughes.

2020 -2021 Woo and Rathbone

All in top 26 Defensive prospects

Aaahhhhhh, I could get used to this!

It is just gonna get better!

Hopefully? Maybe Kaako?

It would be an awesome feeling if in a draft that we host, we win a top 2 pick. That feeling of adding a surefire NHL superstar on top of EP, Brock, and Bo. 

Kaako is putting up about 0.68 PPG in Finland's top tier men's league. Raantanen was at 0.5 PPG on his draft year and Laine 0.72.

Pettersson is now 15th overall in the league for centres with 30 points.

Horvat is now 19th overall in the league for centres with 28 points.

pettersson.PNG

Edit: it feels good knowing we now have 2 legit first line centres. Just need to fill in the wings a bit ..... Mark Stone 6'4"  220 lbs. I think Benning goes after him if he makes it to free agency. He would be awesome with either EP or Horvat.  All it would take is money.

2 minutes ago, khay said:

Hopefully? Maybe Kaako?

It would be an awesome feeling if in a draft that we host, we win a top 2 pick. That feeling of adding a surefire NHL superstar on top of EP, Brock, and Bo. 

Kaako is putting up about 0.68 PPG in Finland's top tier men's league. Raantanen was at 0.5 PPG on his draft year and Laine 0.72.

I never trust those Euro league numbers,the smaller ice here usually bones them,lol.

1 minute ago, khay said:

Hopefully? Maybe Kaako?

Nice thought, but...……….

Bettman would never let this happen

5 minutes ago, khay said:

Hopefully? Maybe Kaako?

We are just too good I think (if healthy) to finish that low.

41 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Me too!  Especially when he tried to back pedal as Burr was being recognized for some positive stuff and McLean he tried to board the bus.  Sure, ok.  You threw him under it now you want a ride?  I don't think so.

Can't stand him. 

I kinda wish they'd retire the old hack that sits beside him as well.

Archived