The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

On 1/13/2019 at 1:59 PM, Cali Canuck said:

Just curious - wasn't the "the Orca" jersey first shown when they signed Messier?  I've never liked it and prefer the original stick in rink logo.  I hope they leave colo(u)rs alone.

one of the lamest, most boring logos in pro sports, imo.  The sooner we never see that again, the better.  The orca is here to stay, imo

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

6 hours ago, stawns said:

one of the lamest, most boring logos in pro sports, imo.  The sooner we never see that again, the better.  The orca is here to stay, imo

I agree. Saw Buffalo's logo first and loved it. Then I saw the Canucks and my reaction was literally "wtf". I was in my teens at the time and couldn't believe what a boring, stupid looking logo they chose. Never bought anything at all with a Canucks logo on it until the Orca. Bought shirts and hats with either just 'Canucks' or 'Vancouver Canucks' on them but never with a logo I didn't like.

Back in '70 one friend (a recent immigrant) that didn't follow hockey at all asked "is it supposed to be the side view of a smiley face that's freezing"? I'll never forget that comment. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CanuckGAME said:

Johnny canuck does not look good as a main logo.  Not even a little.

If Johnny Canuck must be apart of the franchise in any capacity it's got to be shoulder patch or nothing.

Just leave the orca alone. It's our identity now 

The Orca is irrelevant to the Canucks' name, heritage and history. It has overstayed its welcome. Johnny Canuck and the classic Stick in Rink are the true co-identities of this club. One as the main crest and the other as the secondary logo/3rd jersey crest. 

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

The Orca is irrelevant to the Canucks' name, heritage and history. It has overstayed its welcome. Johnny Canuck and the classic Stick in Rink are the true co-identities of this club. One as the main crest and the other as the secondary logo/3rd jersey crest. 

Your schtick is getting real old.  The large majority of the fan base is against Johnny canuck as the main logo.

The stick in rink is fine.  The original version. Not the updated.  But the orca is the proper logo

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Your schtick is getting real old.  The large majority of the fan base is against Johnny canuck as the main logo.

The stick in rink is fine.  The original version. Not the updated.  But the orca is the proper logo

You mean the majority of the fan base on CDC is against Johnny Canuck.

My schtick is getting old?? Too bad, so suck it up. Just because Vancouver is on the west coast doesn't mean the Orca is the proper logo.

Let me ask you a question: when the club was still playing at the Pacific Coliseum and donning the Skate logo, were you hoping and praying for a pretentious Haida orca logo as the Canucks' identity?

• Wat 1

The fanbase is completely torn between logos. There are Johnny Canuck fans, Stick-In-Rink fans, skate fans, Orca fans and even people who want to go back to the Flying V. If the “Large majority” is against Johnny Canuck that’s because when you factor in everybody wants a different logo, the majority will be against any specific one. 

The fanbase is completely torn between logos. There are Johnny Canuck fans, Stick-In-Rink fans, skate fans, Orca fans and even people who want to go back to the Flying V. If the “Large majority” is against Johnny Canuck that’s because when you factor in everybody wants a different logo, the majority will be against any specific one.