The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

10 hours ago, Baggins said:

It's still the Vancouver Canucks, not the BC Canucks. I lived in Cranbrook for several years and there's more Oiler and Flames fans there than Canuck fans. Likely because of proximity and access to games. So that point is rather irrelevant. The native style Orca represents very well where the team plays. The major reason I like it. Vancouver has quite a history with the Orca.

True enough, but a lot of places I go in northern BC have great Canucks fans. Prince George, Smithers, Terrace, Williams Lake, Quesnel, Salmon Arm, Kamloops, on and on. The wife and I love doing road trips and checking out all the little corners of BC and we meet a lot of fellow die hard Canucks fans along the way. I would just a bit more provincial identity with the team. But you are right it is the Vancouver not BC Canucks. At least the blue and green matches the province well!

In any case i'll be excited to see what the next wave of Canucks teams will look like. Whether they do a minor tweak or a full change over i'm looking forward to it.

• Cheers 1

Anyone else see this latest Canucks Instagram post about the jersey made with recycled material? Maybe it's just because it's underwater, but it looks to me like new colours that might match the black/white style of an actual orca. 

Is this possibly the first hint of what we will see with our new jerseys? 

IMG_20190109_203038.jpg

4 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Anyone else see this latest Canucks Instagram post about the jersey made with recycled material? Maybe it's just because it's underwater, but it looks to me like new colours that might match the black/white style of an actual orca. 

IMG_20190109_203038.jpg

Nope. :)

6 hours ago, Jester13 said:

IMG_20190109_203038.jpg

Those are the All Star jerseys.

2 hours ago, SynysterGates said:

Those are the All Star jerseys.

Ahhhhh I see. I'm both glad and sad, as I kinda was hoping they might've been our new colours that would look good with the orca logo but also kinda want a new logo altogether. 

Edit: shows how much I've been paying attention to the AS game this year :lol:

Edited by Jester13

8 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Ahhhhh I see. I'm both glad and sad, as I kinda was hoping they might've been our new colours that would look good with the orca logo but also kinda want a new logo altogether. 

Edit: shows how much I've been paying attention to the AS game this year :lol:

Maybe BB and EP will both be there. 

On 1/9/2019 at 8:32 PM, Jester13 said:

IMG_20190109_203038.jpg

While it's great they're trying to be more environmentally conscious (or at least trying to appear so), Making clothing out of plastic isn't actually good for the environment. Little bits (micro plastic) simply wash off in the laundry and end up in rivers, oceans and hence, marine life.

It's not a solution. It's a (not very effective) band aid to an over reliance on plastics. Particularly of the single use variety.

I say they should make the new Jersey’s outa recycled batteries...cuz it’s just the same stupid idea.

except oilers jerseys  ,they should be made outa old recycled diapers....just cuz it’s so fitting. It depends on McDavid for sure.

• Haha 1

I disagree - fundamentally - with the constant attempts to milk merchandise with new looks.

Stop messing with identity - which is what sports franchises are abstracted upon.

Take the 'real' franchises - Montreal, Boston, Detroit, etc -  do they pull these kinds of marketing stunts?

I think this is marketeers outsmarting themselves in the end.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

I disagree - fundamentally - with the constant attempts to milk merchandise with new looks.

Stop messing with identity - which is what sports franchises are abstracted upon.

Take the 'real' franchises - Montreal, Boston, Detroit, etc -  do they pull these kinds of marketing stunts?

This is exactly why I want nothing more than the removal of “VANCOUVER” and maybe a collar tweak. The current sweater and logo is great imho. 

On 1/7/2019 at 10:02 AM, TheMohammadman said:

I like the orca but sure if they’re gonna change it any other logo is fine i guess.

but the stick in the rink? good god i’ve never felt a more pure feeling of sheer unhealthy toxic and statuary hate for a what some people call “logo” if i could choose between having that logo or drink bleach, I’d chugg down 3 liters after biting into 7.34 gram per mol of crocodile sh*t that was expired back when the Ottman Empire still existed. If i could choose between that logo and having to drag myself across the trans canada highway with Ryan Kesler and Roberto Luongo pulling me by my eyeballs attached  to a 4 x 4 2006 manual  geared truck that badly needs an oil change id still choose the truck and risk corneal distruction

Appreciate your dislike, many feel the same thing about the Orca (especially those around when they crammed everything Orca down our throats when the new uniforms were introduced), and the votes so far have the stick in the rink ahead in the polls.  Personally I’m fine with going back to the original WHL Canucks logo which probably should have been adopted into the first place.   Eventually the Orca will poll better as new fans are created I suppose too, it’s unfortunate that the fan base is so divided but that comes with having four or five different brands if you include the original original.  Glad to see they will play with the skate next year, that will be nostalgic.   Experts have grown to like the C stick in rink over the years, and it does look better than the Orca ha ha...what would you do if they made it permanent for real?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, oldnews said:

manchester united, possibly the most iconic sports franchise in existence, changes their kits every year. 

4 hours ago, tas said:

manchester united, possibly the most iconic sports franchise in existence, changes their kits every year. 

Soccer doesn’t really compare to North American sports though. Each team has one “main” kit, which is changed close to every year, and a “clash” kit that usually isn’t even in team colours for when their opponent’s uniforms are too similar. On top of that their jersey sponsors take centre stage on the shirt, whereas the crest is of secondary importance.

• Cheers 1